In our first trip to Tokyo, we used Hotel Wing International in Ikebukuro as our home base while exploring the rest of the city. We wanted to stay in a convenient neighborhood, but also somewhere that would have a good vibe when we were hanging out at night. Ikebukuro is busy, it's the third busiest rail station in the world. It also has two major department stores, Sunshine city, and a host of other major attractions (Bic Camera!), but if I had to do it again, I would maybe stay somewhere a bit more subdued.
That being said, for a first time visit it was a great place to springboard to see the rest of the city, and Hotel Wing had very comfortable lodging for the price. The hotel is a short walk from the train station (less than 10 minutes). The room was stayed in was standard size for Japan, and felt new, or at least renovated. This is by no means luxury, but a good, clean, economy hotel. The staff was very accommodating, and answered any questions we had. Ikebukuro is also a great place to stay if you're coming or going to Narita, the JR service goes directly from Ikebukuro Station.
Highly recommend as a place to stay when you first experience Tokyo, but would probably find a more chill neighborhood to stay next time around. No qualms with the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Wing International Ikebukuro.Hotel Wing International Ikebukuro is situated in the entertainment district of Ikebukuro, Tokyo.It is close to Nekobukuro, Yasukuni Shrine, and Namco Namja Town.Also nearby are Sunshine International Aquarium and Tokyo Metropolitan Art Space.Guests are within walking distance to JR Ikebukuro station. Sunshine City is only a 3 minutes walk away.Hotel Wing International Ikebukuro offers great comfort and functionality with its 85 guestrooms.All rooms have modern amenities and has reasonable price for your accommodation in Tokyo.If you are dining in Ikebukuro, Soba dining FUKUROU serves Japanese traditional noodle Soba and modern Japanese cuisine for dinner, accompanied by Japanese Sake.Japanese and Western-style breakfasts are also available at this restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten, HostelWorld, Agoda, Expedia, JAPANiCAN, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Wing International Ikebukuro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wing International Ikebukuro Toshima
- Wing International Ikebukuro Hotel
- Hotel Wing International Ikebukuro Tokyo, Japan