“It suits the purpose”

Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels / Ryokan in Toshima
Beirut, Lebanon
“It suits the purpose”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

The location of the hotel is very good considering how close it is to Mejiro station which is on the JR loop that connects you to anywhere you want in Tokyo. It's located in a quiet neighborhood where you have a variety of restaurants, coffee shops & convenience stores. The room is however small (almost 3x3m). I wasn't after the hotel experience myself as i only needed a place to rest after a long day outside. So I also have no input regarding the service as the contact with the staff was minimal. But like all Japanese they are very nice & helpful people.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FideleHK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I didn't stay here but wandered in to ask directions. The front desk staff knew I wasn't a guest but spent 15 minutes helping me: they translated my request, looked up the location online and printed a map for me. I can't review the rooms but the service was exceptional.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cy9
リッチモンドホテル東京目白, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Tokyo Mejiro, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for your warm comments.
We are glad to be able to help you.
When you want to stay in Tokyo, please stay in our hotel.
We are looking for your coming.

Thank you.
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I just spent 8 nights at this hotel and couldn't have been happier. The location is fantastic - just a few minutes walk from the Mejiro train station, which is on the JR Yamanote line, which gives one easy access to all of Tokyo. Mejiro itself was a nice little neighbourhood, with lots of little cafes and convenience stores, where it was easy to buy food for breakfast. The staff were very friendly. I particularly enjoyed the special presents for women that they presented at check-in (face masks, bath salts, etc.). The room was small but functional, clean, and quiet. The bed was really comfortable as well. If I come back to Tokyo, which I hope I will, I would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank magassouba
リッチモンドホテル東京目白, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Tokyo Mejiro, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you so much for staying our hotel.
we are very haapy to hear your comments.
If you come to JAPN next time,
Please feel free to step by our hotel.
we are looking forward seeing you.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I was in Tokyo for a week and I was really amazed by the hotel service. The hotel staff are very helpful. The room is clean and everything is provided,you don't have to worry about your toiletries and pajamas, all are provided. The hotel is very convenient to mejiro station,just about 2 minutes,kfc,McDonald's and Japanese restaurants are also just around the area. Tourist destinations are very accessible as well. It was my first time to visit Japan and my whole experience I would say was excellent. I will surely go back to Tokyo again and I will definitely stay in Richmond hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank cherridhen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times, location wise it's pretty much close to everything, there Lawson and McDonald next door that runs 24*7 and its right by the station, plus it's only a 15 mins walk to ikebukuro. However, the rooms are tiny, there's not much space for you to move around. Service is great and there's free wifi, furthermore, you can have breakfast at royal host that's a plus

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Erinanako
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

It's the second time we are staying in this hotel and it's good price, the rooms are clean, it's rather quiet. Mejiro station is on the Yamanote line, which is very nice, it's very close to Ikebukuro and many spots in Tokyo. Good breakfast, personnel very helpfull. So we will come back to Richmond hotel Tokyo Mejiro the next time we go to Tokyo !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SOPHIE1967_13
リッチモンドホテル東京目白, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Tokyo Mejiro, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your warm comments.
Our Hotel is located very near to the station of JR MEJIRO.
Around here,there are many restaurants,shops,banks and so on.
If you come to JAPAN next time,please stay our hotel.
we are looking forward to seeing you.

Thanks a lots.
Guadeloupe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Good hotel, but location is not in the metro line. Located near a JR line, metro ticket is not valid, have to buy different ticket. Rooms are good, larger to Tokyo size. Free water bottle is a plus. No english channel in TV.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Rangassamy L
リッチモンドホテル東京目白, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Tokyo Mejiro, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Thank you for staying our hotel.
We are located near JR MEJIRO station.
To SHINJUKUI, it takes about 7 minutes from MEJIRO.
Standerd room is 15㎡,size of bed is 140cm×203cm.
We give water for free. If you have PC, you can use our WI-FI.
If you come to JAPAN next time, please visit our hotel.
We are looking forward to seeing you.

Best regards,