I remember this hotel as being one of the hottest properties when it first opened in 1980's. Sadly it still seems stuck in that time period and is badly in need of updating. Lobby is rather shabby. Rooms are clean, but furniture is worn.
That said, the staff is extremely professional and well-trained (this is part of the Prince Hotel chain, after all). The location is great, as long as you don't mind walking about 10 minutes to nearest station (Ikebukuro). There is a 24-hour well-stocked convenience store on the ground floor, and many dining choices at the two adjoining malls.
Clientele seems to be mostly tour groups from other Asian countries. There is an interesting small gift shop in the lobby catering to visitors from China. Lobby is a great place to sit and people-watch. I was able to check email on one of the coin-operated internet PCs there. 100yen for 10min of internet access plus free printing!
On my next trip to Tokyo (I visit every other year) I'll stay at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel instead. That hotel is right across the street from the station, and has a spectacular buffet venue (Hapuna).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunshine City Complex in Tokyo's Ikebukuro district is in a constant state of self-renewal. It is a modern business, shopping and entertainment complex that features the 60-story "Sunshine 60" building, the World Imports Mart, the Culture Hall with a theater and museum, International Aquarium, and the Alpa Shopping Center. Sunshine City Prince Hotels is at the heart of this complex.With its stylish new look, the 1,166-room hotel rises 38 stories above the ground and dips three basement levels below. The Sunshine City Prince provides all the comfort, functionality and genuine hospitality you'd expect from an international hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, JAPANiCAN, Fastbooking, KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunshine City Prince Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel Sunshine City
- Prince Hotel Toshima
- Prince Hotel Tokyo
- Toshima Prince Hotel
- Sunshine City Prince Hotel Tokyo, Japan