Sunshine City Prince has a distinct advantage due to its location: there are few other buildings over 30 stories in the area, giving most rooms to the south of a view of the Shinjuku skyline. The rooms are small, but still have space for a double bed, desk and table. Also, the doors into the rooms and bathrooms might be a hazard for anyone over 6'2". The room was clean and the huge bottles of shower products were appreciated. The desk staff were friendly and spoke good English, which really helped check-in and check-out.
The other advantage of the location is it's proximity to Ikebukuro station. There are tons of dining and shopping options in that area including the Seibu and Tobu department stores. If that isn't enough, take the JR line south to Shinjuku or Shibuya for more options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunshine City Complex in Tokyo's Ikebukuro district is in a constant state of self-renewal. It is a modern business, shopping and entertainment complex that features the 60-story "Sunshine 60" building, the World Imports Mart, the Culture Hall with a theater and museum, International Aquarium, and the Alpa Shopping Center. Sunshine City Prince Hotels is at the heart of this complex.With its stylish new look, the 1,166-room hotel rises 38 stories above the ground and dips three basement levels below. The Sunshine City Prince provides all the comfort, functionality and genuine hospitality you'd expect from an international hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JAPANiCAN, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Sunshine City Prince Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel Sunshine City
- Prince Hotel Toshima
- Prince Hotel Tokyo
- Toshima Prince Hotel
- Sunshine City Prince Hotel Tokyo, Japan