We stayed 3 nights at the Dormy Inn in Asakusa and I would recommend it as a good base for exploring Tokyo.
It’s on a direct train line from Narita Airport, which is great but be warned, there are a lot of stairs to carry big suitcases up & down (there is a lift but it’s not easy to find). If you leave the metro station from exit 5, the Dormy Inn is a couple of hundred yards on the right. The other side of the hotel overlooks the river which makes for a very pleasant walk and the temple area is within easy walking distance.
Our room (double) was on the station view side and had a tiny balcony – n fact the whole room was pretty small but I was expecting that in Tokyo. The bed itself was very comfortable but we had to ask for extra pillows, there was a tv, mini fridge and kettle, plus a little “kitchen” area. The bathroom had a smallish, deep bath and a wonderful Western toilet with a heated seat! The water was plentiful and very hot. There is a cable for the internet but no wi-fi in the room, only in the hotel lobby.
There is a spa/bath area on the tenth floor, but we didn’t use it so I can’t offer any opinion but it seemed popular.
Breakfast was included and there was a choice of Japanese or Western – we chose Western but it was somewhat surprising (noodles were also offered in the evening but we didn’t have a chance to try them).
All the staff were very polite and even though they didn’t speak much English, always helpful.
My main dislike would be that there was no bedside light at all, so I couldn’t read in bed, but apart from that it was very good.
I would recommend the Skytree view rooms if possible, as they looked bigger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet access.Free WiFi at lobby area. English speaking concierge is attending to support your travelling and business in Japan.Free Ramen snack service.Every night between 21:30-23:00Free communal open air bath at top floor for guests.Using Hyper soft water at Communal bath.Breakfast:6:45am to 9:00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Rakuten, JAPANiCAN, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dormy Inn Express Asakusa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dormy Inn Asakusa Hotel Taito
- Dormy Hotel Taito
- Dormy Inn Express Asakusa Tokyo, Japan