“Nice hotel !”
Review of Hotel Yanagibashi

Hotel Yanagibashi
Ranked #49 of 155 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel is has small rooms but they are neat and clean ! The staff is helpful and always smiling. The location is ideal ! It is about 20 minutes away from the main districts ! I was here only for one night and I had a comfortable stay ! I booked my room as a walk in and yet got a good rate ! The staff also adjusted my check out timings on request and I faced no problems whatsoever !

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
ホテル柳橋, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Yanagibashi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear atishay78 customer

We very thank your wonderful review and your stay.
Please coma and stay again in near future.
Thank you for your writing and staying.

We will always wait for your come back stay.
ARIGATOU !!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

As a young, budget traveller, this hotel was a godsend. I travelled to Tokyo for 8 nights with a good mate of mine in March 2013. We were out and about pretty well everyday from 11am - 1 or 2am in the morning. The hotel would hold our keys until 1am so we didn't lose them while out, greeted us with a smile and offered to help out in any way they saw possible. All the staff speak good English, and are more than happy to help you out learning the local dialect if you so ask.
The rooms aren't huge, but it is a business hotel, and if you're looking for a bed, a toilet, ( with bidet!) shower and a place to store your clothing, this is the hotel.
Location is great, railway station nearby, direct line to Narita airport, open late noodle bowl shops line the main road only 100m up the road, and THE best Yakitori bar in Tokyo.
If you're looking for a pillow to crash on night to night, minimal costs, with maximum service, look no further.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aaron B
ホテル柳橋, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Yanagibashi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

Dear Important customer

Thank you for writing your this Review.

We very thank your stay and this good review.

We all staff will wait for your stay again !!

ARIGATOU !!

From Tomoko.Z Manager

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Yanagibashi for 2 nights for NYE 2013-2014 with my partner in a private semidouble room. The hotel is about 2 minute walk from JR asakusabashi station although it tucked down a alley– to get here via JR you will usually have to switch lines to the Yamanote at line for 1 stop at Akihabara. It is fairly close to the centre of Tokyo, although you will need to get transport to get to the other more popular suburbs.

The rooms themselves are quite average. They appear quite worn and outdated and are just a tid bit too small, even for Japan standards. The bed was too small, uncomfortable and the smoke alarm would go off whenever you opened the door to the private ensuite. No coin laundry but one is 5 minutes walk away and the reception will give you instructions. Having paid 81 dollars a night I expected something a bit better, although I acknowledge this was over a busy period. On the positive side they appeared clean, secure and there was good wifi reaching the rooms. Staff are friendly.

Overall I wouldn’t recommend against staying here but it’s only really suitable for budget conscious tourists who need a place to sleep at night. I wouldn’t bag the place but wouldn’t rave about it either. Would only book a room if around 50 dollars.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rowan H
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We actually stayed here for 14 nights our first travel to Japan back in Dec 2012, and our second time here in Dec 2013, we stayed for 3 nights.

The hotel was a bit difficult to find, especially if you don't have any maps or data on you. The one from their website does a good job of explaining it, but since I'm bad with directions, I still got lost. Luckily, one of the locals was kind enough to walk me there! Once you realize where it's located, it's easy to find.

Location is the best thing this hotel has got going for it. It's only about a 2 minute walk to the JR Asakusabashi station which is one stop away from Akihabara. You'll most likely have to switch lines if you're coming back from other parts of Tokyo. The subway is also just as close and has a budget option of a direct route to Narita Airport using the Keisei train. There's also restaurants right outside the hotel that are open pretty late if you're looking to get a late night snack.

The rooms are quite small. We had 2 luggages with us and it was kind of a hassle to even fit them in the room. Once they were in though, we didn't really have the space to even open them unless we threw them on the bed. Inside, you'll have a desk, a mini fridge and a television. Pretty much the only walkway you have is between the bed and bathroom, which is only about a feet or three at most, whatever the width of the desk or fridge is. Bathroom is also really small, which is all I can really say about it. WiFi worked in my room as of Dec 2013, while back in 2012, you had to be in the lobby for it to work.

Overall, it's a pretty good option if you're just looking for a place to crash at night while you go exploring in town during the day, just make sure you pack up your stuff in your luggage so you have more room in an already cramped space.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

On my first trip to Japan we stayed here for a few nights, found it such a great place the we stayed again on the second and will be back on my third Japan trip. In short, price, location, comfort and staff make this my preferred place to stay. As a cheaper hotel option the price is very reasonable for a nice and clean room, comfortable bed and pillows, in a hotel that has sufficient amenities. The location could not be better, with a subway around the corner, JR station down the street, 30 min walk to central Tokyo and the old Tokyo, Tiato Town, all around you and worth a look. Finally the staff, just wonderful, polite, friendly, and keen to be helpful. We stayed at a few more expensive hotels outside of Tokyo where staff could not speak or understand any English, and while I should have learnt some Japanese before going I didn't, the staff here are able to speak and understand english with ease and that made our stay so much easier, to have the staff assist us with direction and translation where needed. See you there in March/April 14. For the price range, I doubt I could have found better.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hotel Yanagibashi is a walking distance from Sobu line train station with lots of places to eat along the street. Money Exchange is just across the train station. Hotel offers best value for money paid; lots of hot water, staff eager to clean room unless ordered not to, working elevator up to 7th floor, no-frills hotel, room space is a bit tight but location is quiet and very safe to walk around the area even at 3AM. Must be a family-run hotel and staff very accommodating and helpful all the time. English is spoken moderately. Hold metal door when closing to avoid slamming it and making a terrible sound that can disturb other guests.

Room Tip: We reserved twin bed with private bath. Toilet, sink, shower combined in a "module" type...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank macfoster
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The room I stayed in for 2 nights was tremendously tiny. If I sit at the edge of the bed and stretch out my legs, I would hit the toilet door (and I'm a pretty short Asian). Do pack really light if you plan to stay in this hotel because there really won't be much space for you to keep your stuff.

We took a while to locate the hotel since it's really quite difficult to locate when coming from Asakusa-bashi station. We got lost and were heading around in circles for quite a while because the signage for this hotel isn't particularly obvious along the street; but once you figure out where the hotel is, you'll realize that it's actually very close to the train station.

When I stayed there, Wifi wasn't provided but you can easily ask for an ethernet cable from the receptionist who'll be more than happy to get one for you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends