All reviewsokachimachi stationitalian tomatonarita airportfree breakfastsimple setit'll costameyoko marketvalued hotelwalking distancestreet shoppingdouble bedroomyamanote linetrain stations arecoffee and juicelate flighteasy accesssimple breakfast
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Visitor to Japan for the first time. Loved this hotel. Staff were very responsive and helpful. Room was cosy, great air conditioning, bed was so comfortable. I travelled with a friend, we had separate rooms but on both occasions (we travelled to Kyoto and returned to this hotel) they ensured we were in rooms next to each other, without us even asking. Lots of food options around. Close to subway stations - including JR Ueno where you can exchange your JR Rail Pass voucher and book your bullet train tickets in person. Close to Keisei Rail (direct link to Narita Airport) easy 5/7 min walk. Cannot wait to return. Thanks for your lovely accommodation!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Very good location: easy reach from the Narita airport and a lively neighborhood.
Room is small but clean. The hotel stuff are very helpful and multilingual.
The free breakfast is not something to be excited about but then it's not difficult to get something else nearby.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The Good
The hotel is recently renovated, cosy and nice for a single user. Ample room for luggage. Nice carpeted flooring and quiet room. The front desk assisted to keep my luggage while I went out for the day before checking in.

Upon checking in, the hotel had assisted to bring my luggage to my room which is very nice.
They also offered umbrella when it was raining and hand fan when it was very hot during the summer.

Breakfast was simply just bread and coffee/juices

The Poor:
I stayed on the 12th floor. The WIFI connection was poor, it connects on and off. At some point, I had to use my own data.

I realised that my room wasn't cleaned properly. The little dustbin that was suppose to be cleared at the end of the day wasn't cleaned and removed. There were litter in the dustbin when I returned at night. That was on one of the days.

The bed bottom was very dusty and there were some litter and sweets from the previous guest. I thought Japanese cleanliness standards were high but the sweets were really sticky and covered with dust. I stayed 5 nights and I didn't really check until the last day as my coin dropped onto the bed bottom.

The clock wasn't working as well (not really important but at one point my handphone was dead and I had to check the clock and I realised the clock is dead at 8pm and I missed an important appointment with Friend as we arranged for supper)

And also some days, the green tea powder was refilled/some days it wasn't. The standards are a bit inconsistent.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank josiahongc
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Located a 5-10 minute walk, line of sight from the Tokyo Station. Surprisingly quiet, considering the proximity to a main traffic area, nearby taxis, transit options, etc. My only complaint was getting booked into a smoking room without my knowledge, while I would not have willingly made this choice; a lesson for next time.

Room Tip: Be certain of smoking/non-smoking choice,
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tigerpaw54
Reviewed 1 August 2017

The best thing about this hotel was the location. It located almost in the middle of Ameyoko shopping area, just kitty corner was the Takeya department store. Very easily accessible from subway/train stations.

The room was small, but doable for 2 people with large luggage. Full set of all-you-need amenities and service.

The room was clean. The service was nice.

The only downside was the size of dining too small for all guests. You may have to wait to get seat for (free) breakfast.

Will stay there again.