“Fantastic for Breakfast and Midday Snacks”

Asakusa Kagetsudo Honten
Ranked #10 of 4,188 Restaurants in Taito
Price range: US$7 - US$9
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Cash Only, Reservations, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Vancouver, Washington
“Fantastic for Breakfast and Midday Snacks”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed close-by at a ryokan and ate breakfast here everyday. My husband ordered noodles and I had the green tea parfait and matcha tea. We also could never resist ordering the melon pan which reminded us of a better version of Mexican sweet conchas. The staff is very nice and all of the food is delicious. I reminisce about eating here about once every two weeks and had to review this place today. In fact, I felt so compelled that I spent 15 minutes looking it up through its address until I finally found it, because I did not know its name. Can't wait to be back!!!

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Came for the melon pan, then returned another day for more.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great location, insanely delicious snack.
In fairness, I have only had the melon pan here. We had a guy help us into line who was super excited about taking our picture.

THE MELON PAN: ~$2 The outside is crisp, as you grasp it, it crushes from the softness on the inside. It is sweet, but not overly, and the combined textures of the outside and insanely soft inside make for a tasty dance on your tongue. This is the only place I visited twice while I was in Tokyo.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank GrooveGavin
Tangerang, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small but nice and yummy food resto”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Very good bun and ice cream and reasonable price for udon. Good and friendly service with english menu option

Boynton Beach Florida
“Amazing Asakusa K bread”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The line was long, but worth the wait. 3 sweet breads for 500 ¥. Fantastic! Very close to Hotel Richmond and by the temple.

1 Thank puccablu
Singapore
“Superb sweet bun & soba!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Chanced upon this hole in the wall restaurant. Superb soba I had there! And of course the huge draw is the melon bun! There was a queue but it was worth queuing for!