“Very nice japanese restaurant!”
Review of Sasanoyuki

Sasanoyuki
Ranked #26 of 4,269 Restaurants in Taito
Price range: US$27 - US$45
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My girlfriend and I had lunch here. It was a cool Japanese experience where we took off our shoes before we ate the food sitting in the tatami dining room. We had a view out over their beautiful small garden where they had a small waterfall.

The menu consisted primarily of various tofu dishes. We ate both a dish with tofu and one with chicken. Everything we ate was very good. The owners and staff were very nice and helpful.

We can highly recommend a visit here if you want to experience a traditional Japanese tofu restaurant.

1  Thank Fredrik S

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This venerable Tokyo restaurant offers so many tofu dishes -- even tofu ice cream -- that it boggles the mind. We've eaten dinner here many times during our visits to Tokyo over the years and are never disappointed. It is amazing what the chef is able to do with tofu and every dish is absolutely delicious. Sometimes it is impossible to tell that I'm eating tofu. Set menus offer many courses, all of them excellent. My husband is a tofu fanatic ... me not at all ... so any tofu that I rave about has to be extremely special.

This is a good restaurant to combine with a visit to Ueno Park. It is a short walk from the Uguisudani station on the Yamamote line (one station beyond Ueno). Take the north exit
from the station, angle slightly to the left, cross under the elevated highway and the restaurant is on the left.

Try it; you may be surprised at how much you like it.

1  Thank Rumples
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant for lunch on our trip to Tokyo. It was delicious and affordable. The owners and staff were very friendly. They had an english menu with pictures, so we knew what we were ordering. The waitress explained the dishes and how to eat them. We ordered a multi-course lunch so we were able to try a wide range of dishes. We enjoyed the traditional setting in a relatively small tatami dining room which was decorated with art. We had a view of their lovely garden and waterfall. While various tofu dishes were the main focus of the menu they also had some chicken and seafood. So you don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy it.

1  Thank HerambKunze
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The winner in vegetarian that we saw in Tokyo and a delightful setting! Perfect lunch after doing Tokyo National Museum. Sitting overlooking the zen water garden was fine. Tofu in many fine ways. Share w friends (I know, not Nihongo kosher to do) because wasn't bad dish on menu.

1  Thank RetiredNLuvinIt_11
Reviewed 5 April 2013

If you can manage to find this little gem, I'd highly recommend it. A multi-course dinner of tofu prepared as many ways as you can imagine. Subtle flavours yes, but absolutely delicious. In a beautiful tatami mat room

2  Thank tinytravellers