“Blood of the samurai”

Haunted Tokyo Tours
Ranked #8 of 31 Tours in Taito
More attraction details
Owner description: Dare to walk through old sections of town where ancient spirits prowl. Visit secret “power spots” that locals have known about for centuries. Listen to tales of ghosts and goblins, blood lust and revenge. Our walking tours are led by experienced escorts in English, and are part legend, part art/architecture, and part spooky fun! Custom tours available for your group. Come find out why Tokyo is the most haunted city in the world!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Despite blazing heat the three hour leisurely and informative walk was a bloody delight from start to finish. Our guide was sweet & her passion was evident & infectious, involving all members (6 of us) in the conversation and tour. There was nothing too strenuous and we had a pit stop for hydration & clean toilets. Watching the 47 ronin film put some aspects of the tour into place & was amazing to attend their graves in a lovely Temple. Was so good I may do another of their tours.

3  Thank joancollins69

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We did the "Blood of Samurai" tour and it was the highlight of our stay in Tokyo. I really enjoyed our guide's stories about culture, beliefs and history of Japan and the areas we visited. I have been telling them to my friends at home, too. I will definitely go again if I have a chance to visit Tokyo again.

3  Thank lene67424
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I love ghost tours! Everywhere I go I make it a point to join at least one ghost tour. They are a great way to learn about the culture and history of an area. This tour was fabulous! We ended up being the only ones on the tour. Our guide was so knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We learned how to walk into a shrine and how to clean your hands and sprit properly. These new skills came in handy for the rest of our trip. This is a must do tour!

3  Thank xbutterfly55x
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was my second Haunted Tokyo over the years. Lilly is very knowledgable about here subject matter and her tours show a side to Tokyo rarely encountered by tourists. While the tour does focus on the story of the 47 Ronin, it does cover other famous and infamous places of old Edo. There is a fair amount of walking involved through the narrow streets of the Shinagawa area but Lilly does stop for breaks and paces the tour at a reasonable rate.

1  Thank 岩 強
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We booked a tour for two and ended up being the only ones in a rainy and windy day.
Not the ideal setting, but even in these circumstances Lilly, the tour guide, gave us a well organized and interesting tour. The storm actually ended up adding to the atmosphere:)

The specific one we were on was the "Blood of the Samurai", in which we were especially psyched to see the real spots in which the 47 Ronin were buried, and hear the full story and other interesting tidbits in regard to the graveyard.

Make sure you're ready to be on your feet for 3-4 hours, and book through the website

2  Thank munchkin_case