“Brilliant”

and up
Small-Group Walking Asakusa Food Tour with Lunch
Ranked #6 of 455 things to do in Taito
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Best wifi around and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Really excellent service.
Domo arigatou gozaimashita

"kaminarimon gate"
"main gate"
"metro station"

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This clean cultural center has free bathrooms and computers (supposedly free wifi as well, but I couldn't get it to work). The women on the front desk spoke good English and gave us good info about how to get to other destinations. We took the free tour, and although our volunteer guide was very sweet, his accent was difficult to decipher. Still, we learned interesting things about the temple and shrine.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

After learning about the Asakusa Culture Tourist Center and its observation tower in my "Japan by Rail" book, I convinced my traveling companions that we must stop there after going to the lovely Senso-ji Temple and the shopping stalls. At first my companions were dragging their feet about going there since the observation deck was only on the 8th floor (we were staying on the 48th floor of the Ritz Carlton in mid-town). However, I suggested that if nothing else we could gather a few more travel guides and use the restrooms and "cool off" since it was a bit warm that day. The visit here turned out to be quite the hit with my group. We enjoyed a nice lunch on the 8th floor cafe (very reasonably priced) with an outstanding view of the Senso-ji Temple and the Asahi Flame (aka Golden Poo) Sumida River & Tokyo Skytree. It was amazing how far you could see from the 8th floor. While the cafe and observation deck were on the smaller size, had no issue getting seats in either area (seems like this culture center still a bit unknown).

Used the restrooms here and they were very, very clean. Also picked up more brochures about the area. Also enjoyed viewing the large display of the Asakusa area - very interesting. Asakusa is one of my favorite areas of Tokyo with its narrow streets, many old shops and restaurants.

From the Culture Tourist Center, we began our walk towards the Tokyo Skytree which was a fun experience walking across the river through the various neighborhoods.

1  Thank Chapsbaby
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I saw this place on the show Tokyo Eye and wanted to check it out right away. While it does has some info about Tokyo, I honestly get more at the hotel I stayed at. The views on the 8th floor are really nice for taking some pics.

2  Thank LoganMiami