“Great rest stop!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Free wifi
Free computer access
Clean
Public restrooms
Cafe and food available for purchase
English-speaking staff
Helpful guides
AWESOME OBSERVATORY

The Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center served as a very relaxing and helpful pit stop.

Visited August 2013

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Best wifi around and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Really excellent service.
Domo arigatou gozaimashita

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Helpful pit stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This clean cultural center has free bathrooms and computers (supposedly free wifi as well, but I couldn't get it to work). The women on the front desk spoke good English and gave us good info about how to get to other destinations. We took the free tour, and although our volunteer guide was very sweet, his accent was difficult to decipher. Still, we learned interesting things about the temple and shrine.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, GA
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“Very Pleasant Stop in Asakusa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

After learning about the Asakusa Culture Tourist Center and its observation tower in my "Japan by Rail" book, I convinced my traveling companions that we must stop there after going to the lovely Senso-ji Temple and the shopping stalls. At first my companions were dragging their feet about going there since the observation deck was only on the 8th floor (we were staying on the 48th floor of the Ritz Carlton in mid-town). However, I suggested that if nothing else we could gather a few more travel guides and use the restrooms and "cool off" since it was a bit warm that day. The visit here turned out to be quite the hit with my group. We enjoyed a nice lunch on the 8th floor cafe (very reasonably priced) with an outstanding view of the Senso-ji Temple and the Asahi Flame (aka Golden Poo) Sumida River & Tokyo Skytree. It was amazing how far you could see from the 8th floor. While the cafe and observation deck were on the smaller size, had no issue getting seats in either area (seems like this culture center still a bit unknown).

Used the restrooms here and they were very, very clean. Also picked up more brochures about the area. Also enjoyed viewing the large display of the Asakusa area - very interesting. Asakusa is one of my favorite areas of Tokyo with its narrow streets, many old shops and restaurants.

From the Culture Tourist Center, we began our walk towards the Tokyo Skytree which was a fun experience walking across the river through the various neighborhoods.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Chapsbaby
Miami
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Nice little place but needs more info”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I saw this place on the show Tokyo Eye and wanted to check it out right away. While it does has some info about Tokyo, I honestly get more at the hotel I stayed at. The views on the 8th floor are really nice for taking some pics.

Visited April 2013