THE GATE HOTEL Asakusa Kaminarimon by HULIC
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
1,366 results
All reviewsrooftop bartokyo skytreenespresso machineasakusa stationscenic roomgreat locationfloor lobbywalk in showertop floorjapan standardshaneda airportexcellent hotelhighly recommend this hotelsky tree towermodern hotelhotel guestsginza line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here as I am a sucker for good views. I had a twin room on the 9th floor with a good view of the skytree and senso ji temple (as well as the asahi building with what is meant to be a horizontal golden flame but actually looks like a golden- something- your- dog- produces.....sorry).

The views are even better from the 13 floor lobby and restaurant as well as the 14 floor residents only terrace.

The room was nice with a kettle with tea and coffee. Bathroom had a nice view too. Decent amenities and good laundry service. The hotel also sorted out a baggage transfer to Hakone for me. I generally found the staff friendly, helpful and most could speak good English which helped me a lot - something that is not guaranteed even in top hotels in Japan. Sometimes service at the bar was a bit slow but that's a minor gripe.

The restaurant was good - I had breakfast included and also had dinner one night. There are little or no Japanese options but if you are in need of a break from rice and miso soup, you'll be fine.

Location was perfect for me. You can get 4 lines (subway and others) from 3 different asakusa stations. There are buses outside. The area itself is older and calmer than the likes of Shinjuku or Shibuya with lots of little local restaurants to try out. However if you need to escape and have a chai latte, I spotted 2 Starbucks within 4 minutes walk. A supermarket is in the same building and a convenience store is nearby. Shinjo ji temple is across the road and the skytree is handy too.

It's not cheap but if you don't mind a splurge, then this is a good place to base yourself in Tokyo.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank holidayqueen21
Reviewed 15 May 2014

japan is the best place on earth n gate hotel is finest hotel,breakfast is yummy,staff is wonderfull

nice place,opposite there is a very good massage parlour,i m vegeterian so they cooked for me veg curry every da

Room Tip: all rooms r good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Actually this can be for vacation as well, hence the room was not so big, interior was comfort and modern feel, the bathroom was very good and surprisingly not so small. It's also good in location, metro station was nearby and also Kaminarimon just at the opposite. Of course anyhow cannot compare with the location such as Shinjuku or Ginza. By the way, they do very Egg Benedict breakfast.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very helpful staff pre-arrival and other reviewers are right, a stunning reception. Close to the station, a supermarket right next door and plenty of places to eat across the road. I did stuff up the room and ended up with two king singles but they didn't seem to mind when we pushed them together to make a jumbo double! :-)

Hard to fault the place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart_Sam
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I recently stayed here for 4 nights. The experience was perfect. Yes, I expected a single room to be small but it did have all the amenities. The location was excellent, close to Senso-ji temple and close to lots of restaurants and supermarkets. Aoi-Marushin is just across from the hotel and is an excellent place for tempura. The hotel is also close to Akasusa subway line and you can just take the train directly from/to the Haneda airport. My package included breakfast and I highly recommend it. They have freshly orange juice and egg benedict. The price I got from booking.com was very reasonable.
Overall, the experience was wonderful and I would definitely come back again when I visit Tokyo.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo