“Great atmosphere, but didn't know what a medium steak was”

T.G.I Fridays Ueno Chuo-dori
Ranked #1,147 of 5,270 Restaurants in Taito
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Neighbourhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went there for dinner with a few friends, and ordered a Jack Daniels 300g steak, medium, with the tableside guacamole as a starter. The starter was great.
When the steak came however, I noticed fairly quickly that this was not a medium steak. The waitress noticed I was looking at my steak, and the manager came over to ask what was wrong. I then showed him the steak as on the picture, and he assured me that this was medium in Japan. I shrugged it off and accepted it as I don't like arguing when eating my dinner.

Been to TGI Fridays in several other countries, and I've always gotten my medium steak as medium. I was probably just unlucky this time around.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

When I travel my style to to explore and eat the local cuisine, but will break the rules when it's beer/wine o'clock! The food coming out from the kitchen was as I would expect for a TGIF. The service was excellent and drinks really reasonably priced.
There is 10% service charge for orders placed after 5pm which seemed a bit strange.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Like every other TGI Friday's I have visited around the world, this location gives you the same consistent quality and food.

The location is across the street from Ueno Park. Easy access via train.

I tend to order the same things each and every time and they come out as expected. I really like their buffalo wings. Very spicy very good. Their guacamole they make at the table is also a nice touch.

It's a comfortable casual dining experience.

When I need a taste of "American", this is not a bad choice.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My son wanted something "American" for his birthday and TGI Friday's was nearby (burgers, steaks, etc.). The restaurant was probably 90% empty as we sat down for dinner. The food was decent, not spectacular. The service was better than the food overall, but there was a disappointing hiccup.

We asked if they did anything special for birthdays and they said "yes, if you have a reservation". Noting the restaurant was nearly a ghost town, this was certainly awkward. Had we made a reservation, they would have have given him a free desert, a small gift and who knows what else. As we did not have a reservation and were among the only customers in an otherwise empty restaurant, we paid full price for everything. I'm was not looking for a hand out, far from it, it was just awkward....

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Friendly, efficient service and very good value for money. Restaurant is located in a very convenient location too.