“most excellent adventure”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“most excellent adventure”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Ueno was the central point for me. After figuring out how the trains work, getting around was a breeze from there. Ueno and it's people have so much to offer, from friendliness to amazing uniqueness. Even the photography group I met with, chose Ueno for the shoot. The markets are aflare with culture and enthusiasm. The contrast of how safe it is compared to my country is astounding. I was sceptical at first, as should any sane person but then I saw it was no facade. It really was that safe. You have no idea the freedom of feeling so safe and at ease. I would take midnight walks to the convenience store or wherever just coz I could. At midnight!! Crazy I know, but it was bliss. They there's the cleanliness, wow. I couldn't believe my eyes. no papers on the sidewalk, no funny smells, no nothing. It was unfathomable to me. I had the most excellent adventure in Ueno and I can't wait to be back. Thank you Ueno, for having me.

Visited October 2013

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Cheap stuff haven”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

A lot of stuffs there. Great shopping district. But I believe I can get a better price if I search wide and hard. Don't be deceive in believing that's the ultimate price cause I once found shoes that I got cheaper in Shibuya (1000 yen) and the same one in Ueno for 2000 yen!

Visited December 2013
Petaluma, California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Ameyoko! (アメ横)”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Ameya-Yokochō AKA Ameyoko is a great little area in the Ueno district located very close to Ueno station and the entrance to Ueno park. The place is host to Yodabashi and a ton of small vendors/hawkers selling a wide variety of goods. It is a terrific place to buy some inexpensive souveniers and deliicous food. It has a very cramped busy feel to it.

Ameyoko crosses with several other simiar streets so take time to explore the area well. It is really a diverse mix of tourist type goods, to fresh fish, fruit, bags, boots, adult oriented places, street food vendors, and pretty much anything else you can imagine.

If you have been to tons of gardens and shrines and went to Shibuya and Chiyoda and want to experience yet another side of Tokyo then this is a great place to visit.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank K_Chan40
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A great place to bargain hunt for clothings and footwear”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

The number of shops selling clothings and footwear is simply too many! Decide beforehand on what you want, otherwise you'll get confused.

Bydgoszcz, Poland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“another great neighberhoud in Tokyo!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

UENO is nice location, you can have nice walk in the park and in park you can enjoy multiple museums. Next to train station there are small crowded streets where you can buy really everything!

Visited November 2013