Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
PavoCristatus
Gold Coast, Australia

Efficient

Review of Andon Ryokan
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Jan 2019via mobile
The room is very small however if you know how to manage space, it’s actually quite alright with two people. The bathroom is clean, the shower can be locked (very important for me). The place has a welcoming/homely feel to it, as there is a small lobby with different activities. It’s overall very clean with lots of soul and effort put in it. A good budget hotel.
Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
andonryokan, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Andon Ryokan, responded to this review
Responded 9 Feb 2019
Dear PavoCristatus

Thank you very much for your kind comments!!
I`m very happy that you like it.
Our inn is family work, and it is open in a homely atmosphere.
We are working thinking about various ideas.
As you say, our room may feel narrow, but I think that it is right to sleep.
We always try to keep it clean and do not miss the cleaning every morning.

if you have next chace, please come back again here.

£51
    £120
  • eDreams
1.2 miles from Andon Ryokan
Restaurant
■Panda Room(パンダルーム TWIN)    広さ:25.0㎡                     ベッドサイズ:1,200×1,960mm 2台
    £114
  • Algotels
1.5 miles from Andon Ryokan
JR上野駅(広小路口)から徒歩約3分。
    £70
  • Vio.com
1.6 miles from Andon Ryokan
View more hotels in Taito
All reviews rooms are small nice feature hot tub subway station japanese style japanese bath ueno park futon floor tokyo english neighborhood tatami akihabara
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2019

We were recommended Andon by friends and were really happy with our 2 night stay. The rooms are tiny but clean and comfortable. Loved the quirky features around the Ryokan including the artwork. The Kotatsu was super cosy and we had an excellent breakfast both days. Thank you Taka and Co for a welcoming stay.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
andonryokan, オーナー at Andon Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2019

Thank you very much for giving us your comments.
I also appriciate your friend bring nice guests to me,
Now, Tokyo is very cold and you fun with Kotatsu that is very populer in Japan.I also like to make breakfast to my guests. I changed menu this new year so breakfast is more attractive than before,
I hope to see yours again in the future, toshiko

Reviewed 2 January 2019 via mobile

Andon Ryokan was an amazing place to stay. It is very well designed and has beautiful artwork on display. The rooms are small but very comfortable. Bathrooms are shared. There's a really awesome bath/jacuzzi on the top floor. There's a terrace on top of the building that is nice for a drink. They offer breakfast, which was pretty simple, but delicious. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Ricecakes_on_the_go

Thank you very much for your detailed comments! I am impressed and appreciate it. I am looking for something special antiques in Japan when I traveled aroud that is my hobby. I am decolating them seasonable in Andon ryokan, Hope to see you again in the future! Thank you very much once again for staying with us. Toshiko

Reviewed 24 November 2018 via mobile

I just visited Tokyo with my 13 year old daughter and wanted to stay in a ryokan. We made the right choice with Andon Ryokan. The staff was so friendly and helpful, the Japanese breakfast was delicious and the roof top view was beautiful. Soaking in the jacuzzi after a long day walking around Tokyo was a huge plus. It is also very affordable! Highly recommended!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
andonryokan, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Andon Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2018

Dear msanjose

Thank you for writing very kind comments!!
I am glad that you really liked our Ryokan.

We are particular about breakfast and we will start cooking after receiving an order.
We also have you can eat breakfast at the rooftop, so we are devised to enjoy p morning time.

Tokyo is a big city and we have to walk a lot to do sightseeing.
There is a jacuzzi to heal that tiredness.

If you have a next chance, please come back again.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay here. Everything was well organized and super clean. I loved all the details in this house. Everything was thought trough. The private jacuzzi was a extra bonus (free of charge). And in the morning you can order a really nice breakfast before you start your day. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank eveliennvs

Dear Evelien v

Thank you very kind comments!!!
I`m glad that it has become a special place for you.

I think breakfast and Jacuzzi are our attraction.
We also recommend antique items and a rooftop terrace.
The place is a very quiet area in downtown.
Access to the city center is also good, so you can go to various sightseeing spots.

There are plenty of charm in Japan, so please do come again!
I hope that we will pick up our ryokan at that time.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

As with all Ryokan the rooms are quite small and you sleep on a mattress in the floor. It that's not a problem for you this is a perfect spot! Welcoming staff, very clean and well equipped bathrooms. There even is a bubble bath tub on one of the floor that you can book free of charge. :)
Also really close to the metro (5 min walking).

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
andonryokan, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Andon Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Linnea E

Thank you for commenting.
We keep cleaning clean because we are cleaning everyday.
I`m delighted to say that you are clean.

Once you get used to it, you can reach the our ryokan immediately from the station.
Many people get lost by unknown lands, but the neighboring people are very kind and there are many people who guide us to our Ryokan.
I think the kindness of neighborhood residents is also the charm of this land.

If you visit Japan again please come and stay again.
There will be renovation work in December and it will be a better place.