“Comfortable hotel but the room location makes a difference”
Review of Stayto

Stayto
Ranked #27 of 125 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here for four nights in two different rooms. First night in a twin basic and the other nights in a standard twin room. The twin basic had bunk beds and was a comfortable room however what let this room down was it's location. It was right by the kitchen and noise from the other guests using the kitchen was disturbing. Also as the bathroom was placed behind the washing machines and there was movement under the floor when the machines were in use making it feel like you were on a boat in choppy seas.
Luckily we had two bookings and the next few nights were in a standard room on the fifth floor. This room was much more comfortable. Plenty of space for two travellers to more around and comfortable beds. My only compliant about the room was there was not enough plug socket available, only two which wasn't enough when we wanted to charge our cameras, laptops etc.
The location of the hotel was good, walkable distance to Ueno station with luggage, with a few places to eat nearby,

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Innocent99

Reviewed 16 December 2013

This accommodation is a great place to stay especially comparing the prices of other accommodations around Tokyo。 Very close to the metro and easy to get to Ueno and anywhere pretty central。 The beds are pretty comfortable and the rooms are warm and a nice place to escape the cold weather。 People working the front desk are nice!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Zoe G
Reviewed 16 December 2013

In three words this is how I describe this place: Friendly, Safe, Location

So, I stayed here in November 2010. I had five days to see what I could in Tokyo. I needed a cheap place to stay and the oak hotel was recommended by a friend. It also does hostel style multi-person rooms so you can really keep costs down if you are with a group or are a bit more adventurous than me. I stayed in a tiny one bed with its own washroom. I loved it. the staff are very friendly and will help you out with anything you need. maps, transit help. etc. It is safe. I never once felt uneasy even at night. Mind you I felt safe where ever I went in Tokyo (one of the best places I have been so far in my life. I will go back some day. Location minutes away from a major transit hub. I was able to cover a vast area of Tokyo each day and for very little cost. Very cool. Even now I want to go back and see more of Japan. I really did enjoy myself. next time i will bring a friend/s.

Room Tip: if you are not happy with a room just ask and they will move you if there is space available
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Last June I had a one day layover in Tokyo after a trip to Taipei, and not wanting to spend a ton of money, Oak Hotel was absolutely the way to go. I had stayed there in March for about a week or so, and though the somewhat cramped quarters were juuust shy of becoming annoying for two people in one room over the course of a week, I knew that for one day it wouldn't be an issue. I was right and am so glad I stayed here again; they even remembered me from my previous stay and asked if my girlfriend was back with me! Incredible service worthy of a way more expensive and exclusive hotel, and this place is cheap, welcoming and super easy to get to. It's honestly really heartening to know that places like this exist in the world.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I'm glad to give a score to Oak Hotel as the location is absolutely perfect very closing to the metro station as well as get the Keisei Ueno to the Narita.
Besides, staffs are very nice and helpful, good price and clean, pretty good for individual trip.
I'm sure that will come and choose Oak again.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The best Hostel in Tokyo, and maybe Japan. The staff is excellent (some of the coolest people in Tokyo) and the location (right by Ueno Station) is very convenient. If you really want to enjoy Tokyo, then you must stay at the Oak Hotel!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I'm very happy with your service. Oak hotel stuff so nice and good English-speaking. It's comfortable to walk to subway or JR. the room is very clean. You can cooking your meal or wash your cloth. Moreover they have a party or a little trip for the traveler. It's so fun and cheap. Thank you everyone at Oak Hotel !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JubjangT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taito
Hotel 3000 Asakusa Honten
Hotel Mystays Ueno Inaricho
Agora Place Asakusa
Agora Place Asakusa
#22 of 125 in Taito

Been to Stayto? Share your experiences!