“Wonderful Restaurant in Castle Cary”
Review of The Bakehouse

The Bakehouse
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Castle Cary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Craving some great flavour, booked into The Bakehouse. I was surprised and delighted with the delicious, colourful and fresh Thai food and divine desserts, superbly presented. Mr and Mrs Walker run a great restaurant and do everything exceptionally well. We made sure to return a second time ASAP and again loved everything served. Spotlessly clean, great ambience and the service was relaxed and very efficient. Red Thai curry prawns, rice dishes, wontons, sate chicken etc...all divine. Desserts were wonderful too. We had mango ginger roulade and the very best Affogato I've ever had.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

I have to visit Castle Cary to visit my Mum, and I try to wangle my trip date so i can have a lunch at the Bakehouse before driving home. (They are not open on Sundays and Mondays). Authentic Thai meals (as well as English lunch options) make it my preferred lunch or coffee spot in town. Last time I asked to spice up the Green Curry - which was done for me very well - as I like hot. I lunched in the sun in the great little walled garden at the rear - worth using in the summer months.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

A little gem of a place, choose whether you have tea and cake, a traditional meal or at certain times a superb Thai dish. If it's a nice day make the most of the charming Courtyard.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Welcoming friendly staff. We opted for thai, mum had the thai fish cakes which came with a salad, rice and dips. I had the crab khaw which they amended for me to have no prawns. Lovely desserts and coffee. Restaurant and loo spotless, lovely music playing quietly. Will return.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

We visited based on a personal recommendation. Originally a tea house, it is now a Thai restaurant for lunch and dinner and a bakery in the mornings and late afternoons.
We arrived just before 2pm and managed to get the last table which was outside, fortunately we are having warm weather!
The restaurant was heaving which is always a good sign! Run by husband and wife combo, she is Thai and runs the kitchen and he is British and runs the front of house. The menu has a very good selection of Thai dishes, all our courses were delightful, the service was good considering how busy it was. As it's roots are a tea house, after gorgous Thai food it offered an exotic choice of calorie busting cakes for dessert. What could be better!

1  Thank AvidTraveler12