I last reviewed Pilgrims way back in September 2009. I waxed lyrical about it then...nothing has changed.
It is still a delight to stay here. The rooms are comfortable and beautifully designed with clever use of Farrow & ball paint. The bathrooms are extremely well appointed with roll top baths and walk in monsoon showers...then when you think life can't get any better, Jools the chef patron cooks you sublime food to die for. All locally sourced...beautifully cooked and presented...this is a chef at the top of his game. Breakfast is equally good....He even makes his own bread.
Sally, the other half of this exceptional couple handles front of house, serves the food and handles all the other many things that make this establishment such a joy to stay in. This is hotel keeping at it's very best...Worth a long detour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pilgrims is a 4 star Restaurant with Rooms and holds 2 AA Rosettes. It's as relaxed as a country pub but the food is better than many a city restaurant - not least because all the ingredients come from 'just over the brow of the hill.' And the rooms are simply stunning, Egyptian cotton, king size beds, roll top baths and walk-in showers. The Pilgrims - the best of Somerset on a plate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Pilgrims at Lovington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pilgrims At Lovington Hotel Castle Cary
- The Pilgrims At Lovington Castle Cary, Somerset