We had booked for 1 night in this place; upon arrival they told us they had already all day a power failure, no problem for us (there was warm water), the lady of the house was more concerned as she told us (several times).. the looks outside give you a wrong image, as once inside you enter a different place.
The rooms are all located next to eachother in a row behind the main building, nice modern rooms, good bathroom, although when wet very very slippery ! The restaurant, due to the continued power failure, was full of candles (very romantic and maybe something to continue ?); the chef managed to cook all the dishes we wanted to eat, and food was really great !
Friendly people, good service (even if we find it strange to get the bottle of wine just on the table, without tasting ?) anyway, suppose this is part of the relaxed atmosphere over here. Breakfast was also outstanding, we didn't regret having stayed here ..the restaurant is a 'must do' !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pilgrims is a 4 star Restaurant with Rooms and holds 2 AA Rosettes. It's as relaxed as a country pub but the food is better than many a city restaurant - not least because all the ingredients come from 'just over the brow of the hill.' And the rooms are simply stunning, Egyptian cotton, king size beds, roll top baths and walk-in showers. The Pilgrims - the best of Somerset on a plate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Pilgrims at Lovington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pilgrims At Lovington Hotel Castle Cary
- The Pilgrims At Lovington Castle Cary, Somerset