We stumbled across this hidden slice of heaven last year. We have since had our 3rd lunch here in as many visits to Somerset. With such high expectations set by previous visits - one would normally fear that it will not reach such heady heights...but once again we have been impressed. Fresh ingredients, locally sourced and freshly cooked. Lamb that is properly rested, and the most delicious monkfish with scallops that I have had the pleasue of eating. we have since tried many higher ranking places in Somerset, and we personally feels this exceeds anywhere by far. Also, in this pristine place, dogs are allowed in the comfortable, still lovely to dine in 'bar area'. Which is great for a couple for have a little dog, but still wish to eat well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pilgrims is a 4 star Restaurant with Rooms and holds 2 AA Rosettes. It's as relaxed as a country pub but the food is better than many a city restaurant - not least because all the ingredients come from 'just over the brow of the hill.' And the rooms are simply stunning, Egyptian cotton, king size beds, roll top baths and walk-in showers. The Pilgrims - the best of Somerset on a plate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Agoda, LateRooms, Priceline, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pilgrims at Lovington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pilgrims At Lovington Hotel Castle Cary
- The Pilgrims At Lovington Castle Cary, Somerset