“a good night”

Cliff Hotel
Northampton, United Kingdom
“a good night”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Easy to park and booking in was one of the swiftest I have ever encountered. My room 208 was very well appointed and very comfortable. the only issue was the shower which had a life of its own and was hard to stop the shower head from moving. the bar was popular and a happy place to eat and drink. There is a very large professionally deck area which was covered but could be uncovered. This is a gem for smokers. The food was good and well presented. If you wanted there are many bars and restaurants within 200 yards. Breakfast was nicely cooked to order. The only grip with breakfast was a large pressurized flask which you used to get tea from, I feel that a pot would be far superior. Overall a good stay and would return

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CliffHotelManager, General Manager at Cliff Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear brianwNorthants

thank you for the lovely review! The team love it when customers take time to review us (especially when they contain so much praise!) .

I've looked at the breakfast coffee issue you highlighted and ....... I agree! nice coffee pots on order as we speak so thank you for the feedback , we do listen and it's the little details that our guests point out to us that help us constantly improve.

(the maintenance man is sorting the shower head as well !)

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Torrevieja, Spain
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great service and good food. I spent two weeks here on business and enjoyed my stay. The staff are very attentive, professional and friendly without being obtrusive. The food is good although not particularly varied (probably because I was here for 2 weeks and tried most things more than once) The quality is good and the portion sizes plenty. Breakfast was consistently excellent and the breakfast staff were very good indeed. I would stay here again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Any room with a sea view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tim_Moore

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us at the Cliff Hotel!
It's not often that business men have the time to review so we really do appreciate it! I am glad the team kept you happy during your stay and we are introducing more specials to keep our long stay customers happy! your feedback really does matter to us so thank you once again!

We look forward to seeing you again soon ( maybe for pleasure instead of business!)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our first time we'd been to The Cliff. We decided to visit after seeing pics of the outside terrace area on Facebook, which looked very nice. We arrived just before noon. We sat in the bar area (which was v pleasant and comfortable). Within half an hour the place was very busy (you could tell just by the noise level) which for a Monday which is usually a quiet day was pretty good. I ordered scampi and chips with a mixed leaf side salad, my sister ordered the sausage and mash. It did not take long for the food to arrive, the presentation was excellent, really enjoyed it. Desert was just as good - creme brulee for me and panna cotta for my sister, finished off with coffee.

All very impressive. We went outside on the terrace so I could smoke after the meal, and it would have been lovely to sit there had it have been warmer. The roof had been put on the terrace (the FB pic shows it without). All in all a really nice establishment and we will definitely go back. I would recommend it to my friends :-) Staff were really nice and friendly too.

Room Tip: Did not stay so can't write about the rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Joanne B
Thank you for your review!

I am glad you enjoyed your visit enough to take time to give us such a glowing review!

We are lucky that we are so popular with residents and locals alike , we are very proud of our food offering and it is high praise to the chef team that we have so many repeat customers!

The terrace is the jewel in our crown , the electronic roof is a fantastic addition to the terrace and means that the terrace is great even when the weather isn't!( although I have to hide the remote control as the team like playing with it!)

we look forward to seeing you again very soon !
Elgin, Scotland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This has to be a first for me!! I cannot fault this hotel in any way! An absolutely fab stay! We had a stunning room. We ate in the hotel on the first night and the food was lovely and the service was excellent. The breakfast was faultless! I can't find enough words actually...!

Room Tip: A sea view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GoatsElgin_Scotland
Dear GoatsElgin_Scotland

WOW what a stunning review , thank you so much for your high praise! I looked at your other reviews and it is great that we rate so highly with you (im actually looking at the Hotel in Hurgahda you stayed at for a family holiday so thanks for the tip :) ).
It is important that we get it right for every guest and the team love it when we find out that their hard work is so appreciated!

we genuinely look forward to seeing you again soon
Great Yarmouth
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My sister and i decided to take my dad for a high tea afternoon lunch, my sister had 2 young ones which were happy to play in the fun area that was safe and not too far away from wher we were sitting, the service was amazing they were so friendly and professional and food came very quickly!! It was gorgeous food and a beautiful sunny day!! All i can say is thanku cliff hotel!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gemzie8
Dear gemzie8

Thank you for your lovely review , I am so glad you had a nice time and that you enjoyed your high tea, this is a popular choice at the Cliff Hotel so it is nice to know you (and the little ones) enjoyed it!

we look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

What can I say other than perfect !!
The staff the food the value was second to none !!!
Most enjoyable weekend home from home the bar was well priced the food was the best I've had in a long time and the manager Darren made us feel like part of the great family of staff they have. Thanks to all.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear PaulShoe

Thank you for your fantastic review, we are so glad you had a great time. You made quite an impression with the team here who enjoyed your company very much!

we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had our wedding reception at the cliff hotel and can not recommend it enough! The service was excellent, all staff were helpful, polite & professional. The food was fantastic, and all in all they helped to make our special day perfect :)

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Sjtp1

Thank you for your lovely review.

It was an absolute privilege to be a part of your special day. A lovely couple with a lovely family!

I look forward to seeing you again soon , don't be strangers and give us a call when you celebrate your first anniversary!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorleston-on-Sea
The Pier Hotel
#2 of 21 in Great Yarmouth
All Seasons Lodge Hotel
All Seasons Lodge Hotel
#4 of 4 in Gorleston-on-Sea

Been to Cliff Hotel? Share your experiences!