“my birthday weekend rest!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cliff Hotel

Cliff Hotel
Norwich, United Kingdom
“my birthday weekend rest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Thanks to your friendly staff had a lovely visit! Stayed before have recommended the hotel to friends and family. This hotel is a special place not many like it! Views lovely food very
good. Stairs a bit difficult if your at the top and not so fit. Would love to see lower floor
room built, possibly from the large front lounge maybe being partly converted for us
not so fit disabled etc. Going back again for third visit for husband's birthday looking forward
to it. This hotel offers so much for young and old, children's balloon man on Sunday's music
on the lovely terrace, cocktails served by really friendly staff! what more could you ask for!

Room Tip: First floor in our opinion nicer but all rooms from our experience are modern and offer nice bathro...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CliffHotelManager, General Manager at Cliff Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Karen T

thank you for visiting us!

I am glad that you have had such great experiences with us at the Cliff and hope that you will continue to do so!

we are currently looking at options for disabled accommodation and please rest assured that the matter is in hand!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not one for writing reviews, but I always have the most amazing evenings at the cliff hotel. It's not just who I go with that makes my evenings great but the staff are all so friendly and efficient for how busy it gets they don't let standards slip. LOVE the new cocktail bar on the terrace they are all amazing, highly recommend the cocktail teapots !! Always has such a great atmosphere no matter what day or time you go, they always make you feel welcome :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank H410
Dear H410

Thank you for the great review!
More and more we find people are travelling from the Norwich area to us on the coast! We take this as great praise as Norwich is such a lovely city , only half an hour away , that has some great places to dine and stay. That people are choosing to come to us despite the great offers Norwich has is a real motivator for us at the cliff!
I am glad you love the cocktails , we are very pleased with them and the cocktail team love the customer interaction and seeing guests enjoying their creations!

see you again very soon!
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stylish and comfortable hotel with good attention to detail. Room serviced to a good standard, nice toiletries. Reception area, corridors etc quite spacious and airy, an atmosphere of quality.
Breakfast is excellent and cooked to order. Enjoyed the best cream tea I've ever had, sitting outside on the terrace, a great view of the beach from there. All the staff are professional and helpful. We got a great deal for a three-day midweek break, so excellent value. Would thoroughly recommend. The beach is a couple of minutes walk away, sandy and clean. There is also a promenade.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have sea views, so request this if it's important to your stay.
Dear Rachel N

Thank you for the lovely review , it is nice when guests take time to share their experiences with us and it seems that you had a great time!
Great beaches in Gorleston and it really is a hidden Gem of the East Coast !

we look forward to your next visit and will have the Cream tea all ready for you!
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Easy to park and booking in was one of the swiftest I have ever encountered. My room 208 was very well appointed and very comfortable. the only issue was the shower which had a life of its own and was hard to stop the shower head from moving. the bar was popular and a happy place to eat and drink. There is a very large professionally deck area which was covered but could be uncovered. This is a gem for smokers. The food was good and well presented. If you wanted there are many bars and restaurants within 200 yards. Breakfast was nicely cooked to order. The only grip with breakfast was a large pressurized flask which you used to get tea from, I feel that a pot would be far superior. Overall a good stay and would return

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CliffHotelManager, General Manager at Cliff Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear brianwNorthants

thank you for the lovely review! The team love it when customers take time to review us (especially when they contain so much praise!) .

I've looked at the breakfast coffee issue you highlighted and ....... I agree! nice coffee pots on order as we speak so thank you for the feedback , we do listen and it's the little details that our guests point out to us that help us constantly improve.

(the maintenance man is sorting the shower head as well !)

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Torrevieja, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great service and good food. I spent two weeks here on business and enjoyed my stay. The staff are very attentive, professional and friendly without being obtrusive. The food is good although not particularly varied (probably because I was here for 2 weeks and tried most things more than once) The quality is good and the portion sizes plenty. Breakfast was consistently excellent and the breakfast staff were very good indeed. I would stay here again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Any room with a sea view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tim_Moore

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us at the Cliff Hotel!
It's not often that business men have the time to review so we really do appreciate it! I am glad the team kept you happy during your stay and we are introducing more specials to keep our long stay customers happy! your feedback really does matter to us so thank you once again!

We look forward to seeing you again soon ( maybe for pleasure instead of business!)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our first time we'd been to The Cliff. We decided to visit after seeing pics of the outside terrace area on Facebook, which looked very nice. We arrived just before noon. We sat in the bar area (which was v pleasant and comfortable). Within half an hour the place was very busy (you could tell just by the noise level) which for a Monday which is usually a quiet day was pretty good. I ordered scampi and chips with a mixed leaf side salad, my sister ordered the sausage and mash. It did not take long for the food to arrive, the presentation was excellent, really enjoyed it. Desert was just as good - creme brulee for me and panna cotta for my sister, finished off with coffee.

All very impressive. We went outside on the terrace so I could smoke after the meal, and it would have been lovely to sit there had it have been warmer. The roof had been put on the terrace (the FB pic shows it without). All in all a really nice establishment and we will definitely go back. I would recommend it to my friends :-) Staff were really nice and friendly too.

Room Tip: Did not stay so can't write about the rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Joanne B
Thank you for your review!

I am glad you enjoyed your visit enough to take time to give us such a glowing review!

We are lucky that we are so popular with residents and locals alike , we are very proud of our food offering and it is high praise to the chef team that we have so many repeat customers!

The terrace is the jewel in our crown , the electronic roof is a fantastic addition to the terrace and means that the terrace is great even when the weather isn't!( although I have to hide the remote control as the team like playing with it!)

we look forward to seeing you again very soon !
Elgin, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This has to be a first for me!! I cannot fault this hotel in any way! An absolutely fab stay! We had a stunning room. We ate in the hotel on the first night and the food was lovely and the service was excellent. The breakfast was faultless! I can't find enough words actually...!

Room Tip: A sea view
1 Thank GoatsElgin_Scotland
Dear GoatsElgin_Scotland

WOW what a stunning review , thank you so much for your high praise! I looked at your other reviews and it is great that we rate so highly with you (im actually looking at the Hotel in Hurgahda you stayed at for a family holiday so thanks for the tip :) ).
It is important that we get it right for every guest and the team love it when we find out that their hard work is so appreciated!

we genuinely look forward to seeing you again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorleston-on-Sea
The Pier Hotel
#2 of 21 in Great Yarmouth
Beechwood Hotel
Beechwood Hotel
#1 of 2 in North Walsham

Been to Cliff Hotel? Share your experiences!