“Wedding Ceremony & Party”
Review of The Cliff Hotel

The Cliff Hotel
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We would highly recommend The Cliff Hotel, Gorleston if you are planning a stay in the area or for any party or function, the organisation for our wedding was second to none, we could not fault this in any way. We had the bridal suite and well when we walked in we were speechless, it was faultless, it even had a spa bath. All the staff were very friendly and were helpful at all times. The food was outstanding, all of our wedding guests commented on how lovely it was. We felt very relaxed all day in the care of the staff at The Cliff Hotel.

1  Thank Debra H
CliffHotelManager, General Manager at The Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Deborah H

Hope you had a lovely honeymoon ! we enjoyed your wedding immensely at the Cliff , you and your guests were great fun!
We look forward to seeing you next year for your first anniversary!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Me and my husband decided to go away for a night on our own, my husband chose this hotel for us as a surprise. When he said it was near Great Yarmouth, I was a bit worried, as I didn't fancy the amusements etc, so when we arrived at Gorleston I was very pleased, as it was not what I expected, and then we arrived at the hotel, and I knew he had made a good choice, the staff were very friendly, rooms were lovely and the food was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We will definitely be returning in the near future.

Dear Maria B

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.. it is great when guests use trip advisor to let the rest of the world know what to expect!
Gorleston genuinely is a lovely place to be.. great beaches ..vibrant.. some great food offerings and of course the jewel in the crown the Cliff hotel!

I am glad you and your husband had a lovely time (and that he got the choice right for your surprise! )
we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

both me and my wife and a meal in there 5 star restaurant , we was served my a french guy well he sounded french :) he was very friendly his name was "HUGO" on the off set made me and my wife very important offering us his recommendations on drinks and food , me and my wife where celebrating are third wedding anniversary i had the rib eye steak and my wife the rack of lamb , the food was yummy and cooked too perfection and the sauces complemented the food very well , we was given free appetizers between each course which not only was a nice touch but where very nice and delivered with such professionalism we felt like royalty :) we had sticky toffee pudding too Finnish off with rum and raisin ice cream omg lushly is not a word or thee word lol the dinning room is also very posh and tables are very well set out , both my self and my wife will and have already highly recommended this place too everyone we know and will 100% be returning five stars from us

1  Thank brendanmccullough

Dear brendanmccullough

thank you for the great review!

I am glad that Hugo looked after you so well ..he is a great member of the team

it is also great to hear that you were made to feel so important ... you are!
Without the customers we wouldn't be here ,so our most important customer is EVERY customer!

We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Cliff!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A very professional service which elevated an otherwise sad day into a good memory. An excellent venue with the use of a private part of the terrace. Play facilities which kept the children occupied. Staff were very attentive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChrissiePenzance

Dear ChrissiePenzance

thank you for the kind words , especially at such a personal time for you.

Sympathy buffets are something that we take very seriously at the Cliff Hotel and we are glad that we helped to make a difficult time a bit more bearable.

Hopefully you can visit us again soon under happier circumstances

Reviewed 23 June 2014

When driving through to the hotel my husband said where have you taken me too but once arrived at hotel it was lovely.Lovely out look .all staff are really helpful nice for a quite weekend away
And some time out

Dear mia47essex

glad you had a nice time!

we are very lucky to have the views we have at the Cliff hotel and I am glad you had the chance to enjoy them!

hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Thanks to your friendly staff had a lovely visit! Stayed before have recommended the hotel to friends and family. This hotel is a special place not many like it! Views lovely food very
good. Stairs a bit difficult if your at the top and not so fit. Would love to see lower floor
room built, possibly from the large front lounge maybe being partly converted for us
not so fit disabled etc. Going back again for third visit for husband's birthday looking forward
to it. This hotel offers so much for young and old, children's balloon man on Sunday's music
on the lovely terrace, cocktails served by really friendly staff! what more could you ask for!

Room Tip: First floor in our opinion nicer but all rooms from our experience are modern and offer nice bathro...

Dear Karen T

thank you for visiting us!

I am glad that you have had such great experiences with us at the Cliff and hope that you will continue to do so!

we are currently looking at options for disabled accommodation and please rest assured that the matter is in hand!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not one for writing reviews, but I always have the most amazing evenings at the cliff hotel. It's not just who I go with that makes my evenings great but the staff are all so friendly and efficient for how busy it gets they don't let standards slip. LOVE the new cocktail bar on the terrace they are all amazing, highly recommend the cocktail teapots !! Always has such a great atmosphere no matter what day or time you go, they always make you feel welcome :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank H410

Dear H410

Thank you for the great review!
More and more we find people are travelling from the Norwich area to us on the coast! We take this as great praise as Norwich is such a lovely city , only half an hour away , that has some great places to dine and stay. That people are choosing to come to us despite the great offers Norwich has is a real motivator for us at the cliff!
I am glad you love the cocktails , we are very pleased with them and the cocktail team love the customer interaction and seeing guests enjoying their creations!

see you again very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorleston-on-Sea
The Pier Hotel
#16 of 21 in Great Yarmouth
Maids Head Hotel
Maids Head Hotel
#2 of 50 in Norwich

Been to The Cliff Hotel? Share your experiences!