“Highly Recommended”

The Pier Hotel
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The food was to a high standard as well with the service, the restaurant is clean and well laid out,
no problems for a good evening. The employees are friendly and give you a perfect meal. I had four other people with me which all commented how nice the food was and how well presented. I recommend it for anyone looking for an excellent dinner out or just a relazing getaway as it is a hotel. I did not stay at the Pier hotel but I'm sure it is good same as the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lesliemicthell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

A lovely hotel situated right on the pier of Gorleston.. The views even on a winters day are beautiful. A lovely place when you work 6 days a week just to go to chill out . The meal we had in the evening was very nice but in my opinion smaller portions would be better. We went to bed and could hardly move.. But all was lovely.. The hotel receptionist took us to there excutive suite which we have stayed in before it was all modernised.. It is lovely.. A place to stay for a week if the English weather was kind to you.. All in all a lovely place and sister to The Pub on the Prom in Great Yarmouth..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HAUGHLEY
Kent
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I had a lovely meal in the hotel during my stay, i had 7 guests join me and all commented on how nice the food was and how well it was presented. I try to go to the Pier at least 3 times a year and i know my friends who are local use the pier all the time. I would highly recommend the restaurant and Hotel for anybody looking for an excellent meal evening out or just a relaxing getaway

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank maci13
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Went for what i thought was going to be a lovely evening in a plush hotel restaurant. Great service, very posh, 4 days off work as a result with e coli symptoms from the steak meal. Too ill to go to doctors to get a sample in which is a shame as they would have automaticly contacted environmental health, but it was the only place we'd eaten out. We ordered different meals and i was the only one ordered steak which did seem a little rare in the middle. Spoke to restaurant about my symptoms but was quickly dispatched before i could even finish my sentence.
£58 for meal, lossed earnings for 4 days....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank JPR439
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I recently spent a couple of days in Gorleston with my daughter and dog and stayed one night at the Pier Hotel. We enjoiyed our stay enormously - had a twin room with partial sea view and were very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful - great dog lovers who made us very welcome. Just a few steps from the hotel was the beach - a paradise for dogs (and their owners) We had dinner in the bar which was so good we also enjoyed our lunch in there the next day! This is a family run business, and it shows with the care and consideration offered at all times. It's a great pity the hotel doesn't offer a special rate for two nights or more during the winter months. I would definitely go back to the Pier Hotel knowing that I would enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms and make sure you request a refurbished room
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary L
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This was our third stay at The Pier and we were once again very impressed with the service we received. On arrival we were told we had been up graded at no extra charge to the honeymoon suite and what a lovely room this was gorgeous furniture and a lovely big bathroom. We ate in the resturant and as before the food was beautiful and well worth the money.
We will still continue to recommend The pier and hope to return for a fourth time in the near future.
Thank you to all the staff who are always very polite and welcoming.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Great Totham
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My third stay here for business and once again, a very enjoyable stay. I really like the location. This time my room looked down to Yarmouth harbour, very nice, particularly at night. The other rooms face the sea and beach. The rooms I've had have been comfortable with some very nice detail such as spare pillows, extra heater, free bottled water. The restaurant is really nice and has old photos of the area in black and white, really interesting. I had dinner which was superb with plenty of non residents eating there, a good sign. Breakfast is cooked to order and is very relaxed. The staff I encountered were very pleasant as were the waitresses. Well worth a visit either as a resident or a diner.

Room Tip: Choose your view, sea or harbour!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorleston-on-Sea
The Cliff Hotel
#5 of 21 in Great Yarmouth
Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth
Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth
#14 of 21 in Great Yarmouth

Been to The Pier Hotel? Share your experiences!