We travelled to Gorleston with my husband's grandparents as his grandfather had lived there for a couple of years and wanted a trip down memory lane. He suggested going to the Pier where he had spent a lot of time in his youth.
When we arrived, the bar was extremely busy and the only table was near a door so felt cold. My husband went to have a look at the restaurant and found it to be virtually empty. He asked a member of the serving staff if he could have a table for 4 and was told they were fully booked. His grandfather went to ask a few moments later and they magic'd up a table for us. As we were walking through to restaurant a member of the waiting staff asked in quite an off manner if we were looking for restaurant or bar. I don't know what their problem was. It's not as if we all looked like a bunch of tramps. Perhaps the serving staff just wanted an easy night and having to wait on an additional 4 people was going to cause them too much work. We asked two members of staff what the soup of the day was, and neither of them knew and had to go off and find out. As we didn't want wine with our meal, we were asked if we would like a jug of water to which we replied yes, but this didn't actually materialise. The food was ok though, but would not return due to the rude staff, really lets this place down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Probably one of the most beautifully situated coastal hotels in England. Now a three star establishment; the relaxed surroundings of the Pier Hotel combined with quality home cooked food, great wines and friendly service make up the perfect ingredients for a wonderful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Priceline so you can book your The Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier Hotel Gorleston On Sea
- The Pier Hotel Gorleston-On-Sea, Great Yarmouth