“Large Bed and Breakfast”

All Seasons Lodge Hotel
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I booked this Hotel which stated that it had 38 Rooms on line, to attended a Family Function. Whilst the Bedrooms and Bathrooms were very clean the Hotel was more of a Bed and Breakfast venue as it was 3 large Houses joined together. The price was high for B & B but there is not a lot of choice in Gorleston. The Breakfast was Good I just felt that it was over priced for the facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cherryl R

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed here in June do business, a great place to stay, best welcome I have had in years of travelling, excellent location, food at a very high quality, and the live piano music during dinner, just topped of an excellent stay. Will be back soon, thanks William and Jo.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked here for an overnight stay whilst visiting family in Gorleston. It was okay, which for the price isn't great but there's not a great deal of choice in Gorleston! Parking is bad in the evening, which might be an issue if you've got anyone disabled/elderly or anyone who will struggle walking a bit. But there was plenty of spaces on the sea front at the end of the road. We were greeted at the bar by quite a friendly lady who then took us up to our room (room 3) and then turned on our heating! I switched it straight off after realising she'd switched up full! The 4 poster bed was comfortable (not sure about the net curtain over it), the chest of drawers on my side of the bed was falling apart. The wifi password we found in the drawer didn't work. The wire coat hangers looked dangerous. A very old kettle is supplied with some coffee and tea (be warned our milk was out of date!).

However the bathroom was quite nice. There is a tiny bottle of wash stuff, do bring your own! Also if you're a light sleeper like I am take an eye mask! There's a glass panel above the door which let in a lot of light and the curtains did very little in the morning, so I was awake from about 5am. The following day we had breakfast (and then realised you can eat dinner there too, no idea what that's like). They had cereals, juice with tiny glasses (literally a few mouthfuls and you're done) and no real choice with the cooked breakfast, you get what you get! But it was cooked well. On checking out we told the bloke behind the bar about the milk being out of date, no apologies, he said they take it from a box with the date on the box. I told them they should check the other milk cartons to be on the safe side (judging by his response to us though, I doubt it'll happen).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I've have been staying here on and of for four months now as I have had a contract in Lowestoft. The staff are most welcoming and extremely friendly every time I stay, the food is always of a very high standard and most enjoyable, the location is great as its very close to the beach.
After getting into my room it was lovely decorated and the Internet speed was lightning quick which makes a change from most hotels, The Shower has good power which is always a plus for me.
Overall I enjoy staying here when I'm working in this part of the country and would recommend it to EVERYONE!!! .

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed in All Seasons Lodge Hotel for three days in January (15,16 & 17) and was very welcomed by mine host and his charming wife and daughter, there Manager David all made us very welcomed and we stayed in a lovely double room with a sea view. The whole was decorated beautifully in a modern style, the public rooms were well looked after and the breakfasts were well prepared and delicious. We didn't have their evening meals, but I am sure that this also would be of a high standard. A lovely Bar and Restaurant area and they all looked after us very well. I would have no problem in highly recommending this Hotel to all my family and clients, we look forward to our next visit. Congratulations to William, Jo, Danielle and David for making our stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: All the rooms are furnished to a similar high standard and they have an excellant ground floor for t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michaelpwatsonco5986
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I stayed in the All seasons Hotel, Gorleston on sea recently. It is a small comfortable Hotel situated close to the promenade in Gorleston. I had booked 4 single rooms. The price was very reasonable.Because it is low season they provided us with 4 double rooms which was nice. Very friendly welcome when we arrived, and this friendliness continued throughout.There is a small bar with a welcoming atmosphere. The bedrooms were all ensuite, clean and comfortable. Lots of room and space to unpack in my room. Bed was very comfortable, and as we are off the front it was very peaceful and quiet at night. Breakfast was good, a typical English, variety of cereals and juices followed by a fry up, with lots of toast and tea or coffee. There is no on campus parking but lots of parking on the road. Town centre is only a short walk about 15 minutes. All in all a very satisfactory stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zapperino
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This was probably the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at. We had booked about 5 days before hand letting them know we would be arriving at a very late hour. We spoke with them on the phone and they said it was fine and they would leave us a key when we arrived. When we did turn up we found the key only to realise it would not unlock the door, They had either bolted the door or give us the wrong key, we rung the bell on several occasions and knocked also to no response, We also could not find a parking space as the parking for the hotel is on a crammed busy street. Believe it or not we had to sleep in the car until the early hours in a beach side pub car park a few minutes down the road. When we turned up I told the receptionist about this and she immediately went on the defence and tried to argue rather than apologise, I couldn't believe it. And it gets worse, the room was nothing like the pictures, but they were fine apart from that. The second morning of being there I was using the shower for 10 mins and realised some water was on the floor that had gone through the curtain, next thing I know there is a huge bang on the door shouting and smashing saying open the door. Me and my partner were shocked, they said the water from are bathroom was seeping through the floor onto the diners below. I could not open the door as my partner was nude. So 30 seconds later they had unlocked it themselves and walked in with me and my gf with minimum clothes on. I was so angry and they threatened to throw us out for it. I argued why was there floor so bad that a little water from are bathroom had gone through the floor, like that was are fault?. I could really go on...... also they refused to give us a refund. Honestly I was livid. Staff were bad, no help bad attitude, restaurant was useless never any food available. Seemed like the chef was always on a break. HONESTLY THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED, STAY AWAY!!!!!

Room Tip: Expect the worst.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vipers1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorleston-on-Sea
The Cliff Hotel
#13 of 21 in Great Yarmouth
Hotel Victoria
Hotel Victoria
#17 of 21 in Great Yarmouth

Been to All Seasons Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!