“Annoying hidden costs”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Oberding
Perth, Australia
“Annoying hidden costs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We booked this hotel as we had an early flight. The website does not state the shuttle is 5 euros per person each way so for the two of us an additional 20 euros.they also don't state that wifi is 6 euro per person for 24 hr block. Unless you join the intercontinental group which from this year is free wifi.

You had to pay extra for tv which seems to be a german hotel thing and is highly annoying considering the cost of rooms.
The room itself was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and started at 4am which was perfect for us. We had dinner and it was quick and easy, not that you had any choice other than the hotel restaurant as it would cost you 20 euro to get to and from the airport restaurants.

I was really annoyed at check in with all the extra charges, they make it seem like a convenient and affordable location. I would prefer all costs were clear upfront.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Tracy M,

Thank you very much for taking time to give an explanation about your stay at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
First of all I like to say thank you for the feedback given on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that you have been informed not very well by the homepage. We will check the page if there is an improvement of information is possible.
I would appreciate welcoming you again here in Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Cocoa Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I've stayed here each year for the past 3 years before flying out of Munich early in the morning. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from the airport. It is clean and simple. They have a shuttle for 5 Euros pp, one way. Parking was 8 Euros with in/out privileges. The bar is small, but has the necessary items. The breakfast is also simple, but adequate. My take is that it is appropriately priced for the value. If you need a full service hotel, expect a huge breakfast spread, or lavish rooms, this is not your place. If you need a clean, efficient place to stay before flying out of Munich, you have found it. My only comment for improvement is an upgraded mattress. Staff was helpful in securing extra pillows.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear jeffinCBF,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give some detailed information about Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am very happy that you stay every year with us and that you are always enjoying your stay here in the hotel.
Thank you again and I would appreciate to welcome you next year in Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Melito di Napoli, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stay in this hotel with my family for 1 night : very rude & unhelpfull staff at the reception & bar , very small rooms , terrible breakfast. the only positive is close to the airport but in the same area you can find other hotels . Not value for money !!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Higuain125
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Higuain12,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give a statement regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am very sorry that you have not been able to enjoy your stay at our hotel.
Furthermore I would be very interested in some more details about the things happened so that we are able to improve our service.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to give me some further information.
I would appreciate to welcome you again at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport to give us the possibility to show us from our best side.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Oberding hotels

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

My dad and I stayed overnight,as our flight arrived in at night making it too late to continue to Austria by train the next morning. The hotel was clean and comfortable, and despite being next to the runway was remarkably quiet. There is a shuttle service available to/from the airport from both terminals at the airport, which costs €5 per person each way (children travel for free).

The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet from 4am until 10am- which is perfect for those catching early morning flights or wish to take a long lie after arriving in late at night! Staff are very friendly.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone who requires to stay overnight at Munich Airport

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Simone M,

Thank you very much for giving a feedback to Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am happy to hear that you have been enjoying your stay and that everything went fine for you.

It would be very nice welcoming you again at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Avon, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Not too close to the airport (10 minutes away by car), but along the landing path, so pretty loud during airport hours.

Typical HIEx....new, simple. Efficient checkin, clean, functional rooms. Rooms on road side were loud if you tried to sleep with the window open (My room was a ridiculous oven, so I had no choice) as cars, buses, trucks go by with regularity on this busy back road. I stayed a couple days later and had a room on the back of the hotel facing a field that was nice and quiet.

Free wireless for platinum members for multiple devices, free parking for platinum as well. Breakfast is mostly rolls, cereal, yogurt, cold cuts. No other hot food.

I don't like HIEx, overall, but it wasn't bad.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear biztrav123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

It was a nightmare! Definitely will not stay at any of the Holiday Inn Express in the future.
Girl at the reception was prompt at service, I didnt spent much time at the check in. The nightmare started right after check in. I been allocated at the corner room at basement, and part of the hotel is having renovation NEXT to my room. I dont understand how can a reputable hotel arrange a room to your guest when you already know the big renovation is ongoing..Its okay I'm Asian, used of discrimanation especially in Germany. What do you expect me to do? sleep?? Or rest with unbeatable cracking noise? I call reception and request them to stop the work. It was 7pm already.

Next thing, I went for dinner at hotel restaurant. Guess what? For a simple pasta, they made me to wait for 1 HOUR!!!! One hour such a precious for business traveller. If im sitting at city restaurants with crowds I can understand of waiting hour but not with 7 other guests only.
I only ate 10% of the pasta as I cant force myself to finish lousy food been served by reputable hotel. Its totally unacceptable.

I knew I cant sleep well tonight for sure..im too upset to forget what had happen today!

• Stayed December 2013
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Geniusneenee,

Thank you for taking time to explain the circumstances happened to you during your stay at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am really sorry to hear that you had such a bad stay with us. This sounds absolutely not like the service we are normally used to provide.
I would like to talk about this detailed with you why I am asking you to contact me directly: Thomas.nau@fmhos.com.
I would appreciate hearing of you soon and remain sincerely,

Manchester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is a lovely Holiday Inn express. All the same as you would expect but the staff really are exceptional. Very helpful with WiFi etc and just seemed very happy to help.

The shuttle bus to the airport cost €5 if you are not an IHG Plat but its very efficient and runs from 4am when I needed to take my flight. Also, they start breakfast at 4am which is very sensible for an airport hotel - I wish others would do the same!

A taxi from the airport cost me €15

Thanks to all the staff!

Room Tip: You are near the runway so ask for a room not facing it