“Excellent airport hotel”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Oberding
Winchester, Virginia
“Excellent airport hotel”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Beautiful new hotel, with modern furnishings and a spotless, shiny bathroom. The latter has an ingenious double-function door that closes either the toilet or (at 90 degrees) the entire bathroom. Near Munich airport, convenient if you have an early flight. Free breakfast, free Internet terminal, free airport shuttle. Parking costs 10 EUR. The restaurant is small and has a short menu, but we found enough good food for dinner and breakfast. From now on, we will always stay at this hotel when flying from MUC.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEX_Munich_Airport, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear entropy71,

we would like to thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to read that you especially liked our bath room and our restaurant.

Hope that we will see you again soon here in our Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Best regards

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This was booked last minute on the internet as a consequence of it being convenient and much cheaper than the hotels actually at the airport - this is 7k outside the airport.

The hotel is very clean and run in a typical German efficient manner.

Room was clean and neat, breakfast was excellent and the air con worked perfectly.

A free bus shuttle to the airport only took about 7 minutes, so easy but I had to book a taxi from the airport arriving late which cost 15 Euros. Other than that, I can't fault it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
HIEX_Munich_Airport, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Barry B,

thank you very much for your positive review about your recent stay.
We are delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Hopefully we will see you again here in Schwaig.

Gurgaon, India
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Rooms are sufficient specious and service is also good. Although it is near to airport but you need to get a shuttle to move to hotel but it is quite cheap.
Location wise it is very quiet place which is positive but negative is you have only option to eat in hotel restaurant as you will hardly find any other place nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HIEX_Munich_Airport, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Puneet S,

thank you for your online review.
We are delighted to see you that you were able to benefit from our services and rooms. Beside the location we have two other restaurants here in Schwaig. Just ask our Front Desk team next time you are staying with us.

Georgia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

When departing Germany I always stay at the Munich Airport before the next days departure. Normally I stayed at another facility but several years ago they were full and I reverted to the nearby HIE.

As I entered my first impression was not good with the overall atmosphere feeling unorganized. After checking in and going to my room the first thing I noticed was the television system was not working. I reported it and was met with an almost "so" type response and was told it was not working in half the facility with no offer to relocate or any other effort to resolve the problem!. So, I wrote it off and spent the night without television and departed the next morning with the intent of putting my unhappiness in print and never coming back! That was done soon after returning home to the HIE web site. Unexpectedly a response was soon received from the manager offering an apology that included a partial credit towards lodging in the future.

Now fast forward to my need for lodging this June and again a full house at the usual facility. I felt I was doomed to stay again at the infamous HIE I had experienced such a "great" time several years before. My inquiry to the manager went unanswered and I felt it was beginning as before but I still required lodging and proceeded to book my stay.

Upon arrival and entry I noticed much more attention to the customer as I approached the reception which preceded quickly and efficiently. Of course I inquired as to television service and was assured all was well. So far so good!

As I searched for my room I soon realized it was located as far away from the lobby as they could have put them but did notice a change in décor as I approached the room. Once I made entry I was totally surprised with the rooms appearance and the furnishing. The room was certainly not your usual HIE fare and was perfect in every way. Needless to say my stay was perfect and the evening went very well.

As for my usual lodging facility, no more for me and its this HIE for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear ToManyNightsOnTheGo,

thank you very much for taking your time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay. I am very happy to see that we could show you why it is worthy to choose Holiday Inn Express in the future - nevertheless I am very sorry to read about your bad experiences with your first stay.
We are all glad to here that you enjoyed our real perfomance this time.

Again, thank you very much for your warm words. We all hope to welcome you back here in Schwaig soon.

Kind regards

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just spent two nights here. First, we were very thankful that they let us check in really early -- like around 9 a.m. That let us freshen up from the red-eye and get to sightseeing.

They have a complimentary breakfast that is pretty good with cereal, fruit and very nice pastries among other things.

The room was of a nice size and modern. The beds were comfortable enough and the wifi worked well. I didn't hear noise from the other rooms and in the hallways it was at a minimum.

We ate two meals at the hotel restaurant -- it was pretty good. I had the chicken club sandwich and a spicy pizza diavolo. Beer comes in really tall glasses.

It has an airport shuttle service, which costs 5 Euro.

Just as the previous commenter noted, it is a generally nice place to run. I was able to get in a 10-mile run along the south part of the airport on a pretty deserted farm road. Some of the other roads are much busier and no sidewalks.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear kurokitty,

thank you very much for taking the time to write an review about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The complimentary breakfast is one of the benefits you receive while staying with Holiday Inn Express - nice to see that you liked it.
We are proud of our restaurant in the evening with home made pizza and, of course, with bavarian sized beer glasses. I will share your comments with our Food & Beverage department and they will be glad to here your comments.

Again, thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Express!

Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel near airport in picture perfect village! Staff was very helpful and accommodating rooms some clean nice decor breakfast was fantastic would recommend. Very runner friendly area nice path to neighboring village. We would stay again

Stayed August 2014
Dear Jacqueline J,

thank you very much for your warm words regarding your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to read that everything was perfect while staying with us.
I will definitely share your comments with our whole team - this shows us that we are doing the right things for a honored guests.
We will keep on working hard on this to improve even more in the future.

Thanks again and we would love to see you again in the future here in Schwaig.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Its a Holiday Inn Express so dont expect some sophisticated hotel experience but what you will find is a perfectly adequate hotel that is competitively priced and convenient for Munich International Airport. Breakfast is from 4am which is a big plus but it would be better if they didnt give out some piece of paper like a bus ticket at check-in for the wifi username and password. The writing is tiny and its messy having to fiddle around with some piece of paper. Why you cant just logon using your surname and room number like most other hotels is beyond me. Maybe management would consider this. I have stayed here before and no reason why I wouldn't stay here again. Parking is free for Platinum IHG members or else there is a reasonable parking fee.

Room Tip: Ask for a complimentary upgrade to an IHG Rewards Club room if you are an IHG Gold or Platinum cardh...