“Fantastic dinner in a wonderful setting”
Review of Es Clos Restaurant - CLOSED

Es Clos Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mediterran & fusion kitchen,grill,chill out zone and art gallery.
London
“Fantastic dinner in a wonderful setting”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were recommended Es Clos by someone who had been there a number of times in the last few months.
The setting is stunning and the cooking, service and welcome were fantastic.
We had the house wine which was quite superb - especially the red.
We were a family party of 10 and all had a truly wonderful evening.
A fantastic recommendation which we were very grateful for - if you are in the Cala D'Or area and you are looking for somewhere special you really should try this excellent restaurant. Definitely amongst the very best we have been to in the 15+ years we have been coming to the area.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Mcd05

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice location, good service”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

A lovely restaurant on the outskirts of the town. 90% al fresco dining. Welcome and service were very friendly. Wines were nice as was the food, although both my starter and main course were salty. There were 4 of us and only mine seemed to be over seasoned. I had Iberica Pork cooked on the charcoal barbecue served with tumpet, others had sea bass, mushroom ravioli with blue cheese sauce & walnuts- (sauce very strong) and Sardine salad. Fish seemed the best but all good.
Very nice atmosphere and wine

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank gjsfoodlover
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food, Service & Atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We have eaten here before and after the restaurant changed hands. The new owner Rafa has really made this eatery his own. The atmosphere is relaxed and unstuffy, the food is great and the service attentive. The setting is perfect for long, relaxed dinners and drinking late into the warm Mallorcian nights.... I have to say this little piece of Alqueria Blanca is fast becoming my favourite place to wash down a steak with a good Rioja whilst laughing with friends and family. Well done Rafa and long may your success continue.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Will S
westmids/calaegos
“Lovely food in a beautiful setting .”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Changed hands recently. Had a lovely meal here - bread and home made croquettes to start, then excellent fillets steaks and sole and tumbet. Menu largely meat fish and tapas. House wine good . Prices reasonable for the quality of food you. Beautiful building, will be amazing in the summer but has lots of character and ambience whatever the weather. Well worth a visit. Will return.

2 Thank Makk28
Dunshaughlin
“Prepare to wait”
Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

Some facts. Arrived at 2030, got starters at 2130 and mains arrived at 2220 after a word with the owner.
The setting is nice and cool and we felt very relaxed. We ordered our drinks and waited for our starters. an hour later they arrived and they were starters that didn't need that much cooking time. They were in fairness tasty although the chicken wings needed something to distinguish them from just deep fried wings. We devoured them as we were hungry after the wait. We then waited on our mains. And we waited and we waited. I don't know the expected time between starters and mains you expect but for a party of 2 adults and 3 kids 50 mins is too long. And this is where I have the problem. We ordered fillet steak well done, sirloin steak medium to well done, chicken breast and chips x 2 and a spagetti dish. There is very little special cooking on these now is there? After the intervention with the manager the chicken dishes arrived. Chicken and chips and nothing, I repeat nothing else. Then the wrong spagetti dish arrived. Then our steaks arrived. Mine was rare and my wife's was cold. You would thinks after an intervention they would try to get it right. Off the went back to the kitchen for heating more cooking. When they returned they forgot to include new chips as the nes delivered were cold. I was exasperated at this stage and ate my steak which was good. The manager apologized regularly and said they were busy. So that made it ok then? Where was the sorry about the delay and have a drink on us while you are waiting? Nothing. We asked for the bill as we were not prepared to order anything else. It arrived and guess what, it overcharged us and didn't even make a reduction gesture for the ruining of our meal. The best bit was that the manager said when we come back the next time we will be given the best of service.seems you have to earn your spurs at Es Clos. My initial reaction was never ever again. My reflective position is that I'd like to go back, remind them of the terrible service and treatment, and see how they are going to spoil us. If I go back I'll post the second experience. In summary, I was berry disappointed despite the food being good.

5 Thank CarAndFoodLover