“Excellent hotel with every amenity in lovely location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Argos

Hotel Argos
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Talamanca
Midlands
“Excellent hotel with every amenity in lovely location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was a bit jittery about this hotel, as I had read one or two reviews which were not exactly `gushing` with praise. I looked at all of the others on the Talamanca beach and by the time
I had messed about, with only three days to go before I was actually due to leave, all the
other choices I had made were fully booked. "Why" I asked myself. That confirms it. This
place cannot be as good as the others ". As I had, by now, nowhere else that came close
to my criteria,I just booked it, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. What a great piece of luck that I had not been successful with my other choices. This hotel, from the moment that
we walked in at 6.40 p.m. was absolutely right for what I needed. As a last minute, my sister
had decided to come with me for a change and from the trauma of having too much luggage,
which resorted in us buying two more suitcases rather than stumping up for Ryanair`s excess
baggage charges, we had arrived wearing more clothes than somebody expecting to do an Arctic trip rather than a trip to the sun, and the concierge would have been justified in turning us away as we were not exactly `stylish`, however, even with that problem in front of him, as soon as I asked if we had to have the town view room that we really had paid for, he immediately offered us an upgrade to a sea view. ! That was a pleasant and unprepared for bonus to our stay. Ultimately we DID upgrade to a much better room altogether with a wonderful panoramic view of this lovely bay, but the gesture was appreciated. The breakfasts were more than sufficient, with a vast array of cereals, cheeses, hams, etc., etc., etc., numeroud kinds of tea and coffee, juices, - you name it. Facilities besides food include a wonderful warm inside hot tub and pool, together with outside hot ? tub, children`s pool and
larger pool, gymn and service with a smile to bring you drinks of your choice to the poolside or wherever, or, in our case, open our bottle of wine when we had bought a cork rather than a screw top bottle. There was one member of the reception staff who stood out, and who was obviously the senior member and I will leave it at that rather than criticise anybody, but on the
`looking after` side, the ladies and gentlemen who looked after our requests at breakfast, lunch and around the pool, were always charming. I am really sad that this hotel is closed for the winter as I think that the choice of paying for extortionate heating costs in Britain or staying and being looked after in a stupendous location is, although I hate the phrase, a `no brainer`. Before I realised that they were going to be closed from November until March, I did tell my daughter that I would see her in March. Don`t let anybody put you off this hotel with complaints about food. In any case, along the Talamanca bay, in the marina, or in Ibiza town itself, there is so much choice of whatever regional or national food you would like and absolutely no need to either stay in or be dissatified by anything - unless you want to be of course.

Room Tip: Skip the town rooms and go for the sea view, and of those avoid 328 unless you don`t have lateral vi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank wanderingstarlet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Arrived from an early flight and advised room not ready till 1430 no problem as we can change and leave luggage but then came a lovely surprise as only 3 of us instead of 4 we were offered an upgrade free of charge to the junior suite so we could all be together.Well what can I say jacuzzi bath sea view from the bath super king size bed 2 TVs second room in suite with twin beds thank you all at Argos had a lovely stay

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank gorswen
zurich switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

come back after 2 weeks in this hôtel, the rooms are big nice balcony,gig tv on the wall.may be the closet is''' small'''if you have a lot of clothes .but it is a Detail. personals are very nice from front desk to the restaurant personals , very clean rooms''bathrooms are also moderns,nice.I LIKED THE ITALIAN SHOWER'.a big balcony . were you can seat enjoy the view. the Swimming pool is a good size, or you can seat on the beach. where they have deskchairs also'' ok'' the beach is not so beautiful lot of ''seaweed'' but you can go in other beaches' they have a lot. I swim everyday. you are just 30 minutes walk to IBIZA on foot, or you can take the boat at the Harbor, 5 minutes from the hôtel. Food was very good, buffet style, but almost everyday something new'' ok it is not a 5stars cooking, but it is good. meat are over done they are so fine cut'''look for the fish''''.you can even made your flight Reservation from the front desk'''''take a seaview room we have had the 510. Price for eating at lunch are very good 5 to 10 euros. if I have to go to IBIZA I will be back at this hôtel

1 Thank Alain D
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

This recently refurbished hotel is set on a beautiful sweeping bay just outside Ibiza Town. Lovely location that is quiet but busy enough for a great time, both day and evenings. A nice stroll into Ibiza town or the water taxi if you are feeling tired. The bars around the bay were superb, live music that was outstanding and free! Enough restaurant choice and our favourite was Hostel Talamanca restaurant pretty near our hotel - super meals both lunch and dinner, great staff and being fed fresh tomoatoes and figs by the 'mama of the casa' was a highlight of our holiday whilst sheltering from a thunderstorm!
If you want a relaxing time, then this is the perfect place. The staff were pretty friendly although I thought the Reception staff could have done with smiling a little more - always a nice welcome when someones smiles at you. Very clean throughout, both the bedrooms, bathrooms (immaculate) and the communal areas. Breakfast was tasty and the pastries were delicious, especially the yummy doughnuts.

Room Tip: We were not lucky enough to have a Sea View Room but we did see them and they have a stunning view o...
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The Argos is a great hotel, recently refurbished to a very high standard and perfectly located on its own private beach overlooking Talamanca bay (free sun beds for residents). Make sure you ask for a sea view and a room away from the lift as it is quite loud and clunky.
Lovely pool and plenty of beds and also boasts a smaller indoor pool with jacuzzis inside and out.. The gym is only small but there are plenty of places to go jogging if the mood takes you!
The only downside is the food.. Breakfast was a bitter disappointment. Not much choice at all and just melon and grapes as the fresh fruit option. Evening meal looked as if it had been recycled from lunch and, again not much choice. In fact, towards the end of our holiday, we actually ate out in a few of the many bars and restaurants in close proximity and had some wonderful meals even tho they were a bit pricey!
You can either walk into Ibiza Town in about half an hour or, just 5 minutes away from the hotel, there is a water taxi that takes you to and from the Town every 15 minutes..
The entertainment in the evening isn't up to much either unless you like to listen to some bloke playing a piano all night.
All being said however, we had a brilliant holiday and loved staying at The Argos. It was very peaceful, friendly and ideally located...
We would definitely stay there again but would have our meals elsewhere"

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view away from the loud, clunky lift.
1 Thank ebclarkey
Tangier, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Nice modern decor, comfortable rooms, beautiful view...great location right on the beach. Nice breakfast buffet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. This part of Ibiza is more quiet and laid back, better for families. The kids loved swimming in the pool as well as the beach!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank suzannegaskins
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, room was not ready on time (1pm), was offered a smaller room instead which looked like a closet with a bed, after arguing for 10 minutes all of a sudden my room was ready and i was given a key. Beach towels require 10 euros deposit, safe in the room is old school with a key and it is 3.50 euros per day. Front desk staff are very rude, lazy and ignorant. This is NOT 4 stars hotel, I would not even give 1 star... would never say here again nor recommend anyone to stay here!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank gionewyork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talamanca
Simbad Hotel
#2 of 50 in Ibiza Town
Nautico Ebeso Hotel
Nautico Ebeso Hotel
#16 of 50 in Ibiza Town

Been to Hotel Argos? Share your experiences!