Hotel Playasol Cala Tarida
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Hostal Cala Moli(Sant Josep de Sa Talaia)
View Hotel
Hotel Village Ibiza(Sant Josep de Sa Talaia)
View Hotel
Puerto Cala Vadella(Sant Josep de Sa Talaia)
  • Pool
Ses Pitreras(San Agusti des Vedra)
View Hotel
Occidental Ibiza(Sant Josep de Sa Talaia)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bahia Playa(Port d'es Torrent)
View Hotel
Torrent Bay by Intercorp Hotel Group(Sant Antoni de Portmany)
1,284 results
All reviewssteep stepssan antonioanimation teamibiza townair conwater aerobicsfour posterchildren's clubwedding venuebus stop right outside the hotelquieter poolshort breakbar staffmeal timesclose to the hotelbus serviceplenty of loungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Please please think carefully before you book this dreadful depressing place. We booked this hotel after being let down by alpharooms the night before we were due to fly. There was very little to choose from so we had to split our week and had 4 lovely days self catering in Santa Eulalia and then a taxi transfer to the prison camp! I know this hotel is only 2 stars but they charged us £600 for 3 nights AI and it was absolutely dreadful. I will try to list the problems we found so that readers can decide for themselves if it is for them or not.

No free wifi, huge costs
Payable water machines in reception
No lounges or relaxing sitting areas
Payable massage chairs, fruit machines, pinball machines taking up what little room they had
Pool area small and surrounded by brick walls ( camp abstain would be more appealing )
About 4 plastic tables to sit at next to pool for drinks and evening also
Outside seating area for dinner was next to pool and bar.
Ashtrays full everywhere
Rooms very basic and walls paper thin
Please be aware the beach is very nice but down many many steep steps with no toilet facilities or bar/food there. There is nothing in the surrounding area apart from private apartments and another couple of hotels. The only Godsend for us was to escape the prison and spend the evening in the chillout reggee bar on the way to beach. On return to the camp the music was deafening with about 6 people milling about but the operator enjoying his own racket! Numerous people complained as they had little kids trying to sleep. The staff didn't care and just shrugged their shoulders. I spent all night crying and have never felt so miserable on holiday. Needless to say we checked out in the morning, took the service bus to Ibiza town and spent our remaining 2 nights in a fantastic apartment next to the beach. Just to finish, we have travelled in this country and abroad extensively for the last 30 years staying in private apartments, hotels, allinclusives, camping etc and this one tops the lot for the worst experience ever.
You have been warned!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelpie7
Laura M, Gerente at Hotel Playasol Cala Tarida, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear guest,
We are sorry to read that we did not achieve your expectations. anyway it is a good new to know that finally you find a godd place where stay.
Regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel was ok but a bit dated, food was really good with lots of choice. The entertainment was first class and the entertainment staff were incredibly hard working especially Erica who did most of the fitness classes, but they were all very friendly and lots of choices of entertainment. This made the holiday for us as we had taken three teenagers with us ,especially as the resort is very small .It was very important to have lots of things to do, even small children were very well catered for with shows every night for children and adults .
I would highly recommend this hotel just for the entertainment alone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Laura M, Gerente at Hotel Playasol Cala Tarida, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Josie,

We would like to thank you the time dedicated to send us your review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your holidays with us. On behalf of our staff and specially of animation team THANK YOU.
We hope to welcome you back next season.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Had a fantastic holiday,lovely little hotel brilliant food and very clean, the beach is beautiful only a 2 min walk although down some steps it was well worth it.We took the bus into San Antonio at 2.90 euro each the cost of a taxi was under 20.00 euros so that was good,I am so glad we chose to stay where we did with my 16 year old daughter after visiting san antonio even my daughter said I would not want to stay here.
The only down side to this hotel was the bar shutting at 11 and some times the bar staff were hard to understand but we got there, reception staff very helpful and the animation team were also so friendly and came and spoke every day asking if we were ok ,I especially liked sitting round the pool and in the morning and afternoon being served fresh tropical fruit right up to your sun bed pure bliss, would most defiantly stay at thus hotel again.

Room Tip: No wifi in hotel room you could pay for it but it was free in the bar area so we did not have a problem, my 16 year old was more than happy to sit in the bar and catch up on her face book.
2  Thank Maxine C

Dear Maxine,

Thank you very much for having chosen Hotel Club Cala Tarida during you holidays in Ibiza.
Our best motivation is to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to seeing you soon.

Laura

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My sister and I booked cheap last minute flights to Ibiza, and having never been before we had no idea where to stay. We knew we wanted AI, and looking at prices (and reviews) this hotel seemed like great value. So we booked via Alpharooms as this was almost £40 cheaper than Travelrepublic.
When we arrived we were checked in quickly, our room wasn't quite ready (as we expected as we were early) we left our luggage in the luggage store room and went for a drink as we were given our AI bands straight away.
We were very happy with our room, it was 2nd floor with a sea view, good AC, clean and although small, big enough for 2 people. The TV didn't have any English channels other than news but this didn't bother us at all.

The food was fantastic for a 2 star hotel, it easily matched 4 star hotels we have stayed in, the tables were all cleared quickly, and the staff worked very hard, they don't speak very much English so we did have difficulty giving our room number to gain entry a few times, we resorted to showing our room key, and this was much easier. Snacks were available at the bar all day, and the AI drinks were great, served in medium sized plastic cups, plenty of choice and a few cocktails each day were included in the AI package, the only small negative which could be easily solved, the queues at the bar sometimes were very long, they could have self service beer/pop like they do in the buffet and this would really help. Bar staff friendly and worked very hard.
The soft chairs just inside the bar area were very often wet from people sitting here in swimwear, this was annoying when there are hard plastic chairs just outside, especially on the first night when I was ready to go out, I learned to check after that!

Reception staff were generally great, very friendly and helpful, one male staff member was a bit abrupt and rude to me, even though I was very polite to him, he had preference for particular nationalities and had no problems making this known, serving people behind me (actually talking over my head to ask the person behind me what they wanted) and ignoring me. So I then said (more politely than I felt) excuse me I need change, he said you will have to wait I am busy. I only wanted change for the water machine. I only mention this as its such a shame, as other than this all the staff members, cleaners, maintenance people etc were friendly, helpful and polite.

The hotel location is great, although its such a shame that there are no evening buses, we went into San Antonio every evening, and had to rely on Taxi's (the hotel rang them but they are hit and miss whether they turn up) .

Overall we had a brilliant time, and the hotel is great value for money :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Debbie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.
We are really happy to read that you enjoyed your holidays with us. we work every day with the aim to exceed you expectations and comments like yours are a very good motivation for us.
That would be a pleasure to welcome you back noxt year,

Laura

Reviewed 3 August 2014

i like many others wasn't expecting anything spectacular because of the price, but was pleasantly surprised. The food was very good, the location was quiet but very close to a wonderful beach. We came with my 7 year old daughter , she made a friend on the second day so she was happy. On our visit i would guess the hotel was 40% Spanish , 30% Italian , 15% English. My only moan i suppose is the entertainment, its adequate but mostly in Spanish and not great quality. After a week i was finding myself a little bored, maybe if there was more games to play during the day rather than just 1 per day at 4.15 that would have helped as i like to join in activities and have a laugh. We had a couple of days away from Cala Tarida by bus to pick ourselves up a little at the end of the week. That said all the staff were nice and helpful, and there is free wi-fi at the bar. Overall we did really enjoy our holiday, and would recommend it ,

Room Tip: we were advised to book block 3 or 4 , but we ended up in block 1, which turned out better as we were right next to the pool , the bar and restaurant. the entertainment finished at 11 and we went to bed at that time so there wasnt a noise issue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Laura M, Gerente at Hotel Playasol Cala Tarida, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your family holidays,