“Motel Hell!!!”

Twin Creeks Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lumby
“Motel Hell!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We are on a 12 day camping trip between 2 different lakes. Our friend has a bad back and we decided to do a motel for a night in between. We will absolutely never stay here again!!! Upon check in at 1pm our room was not clean. Check in time according to our booking was 11 am. Once in the room, it went further down hill. The free shampoo packets are impossible to open and we thankfully brought our own. The soaps were like poker chips and lathered just as well. No blow dryer in room. We had to walk down to the office to get one when we called... they didnt even bring it to our room. No customer service. The shower had inconsistent water temp and pressure and you couldnt be more than 5 ft tall or you had to duck under it. Toilet was stained, didnt flush unless you held the handle down, and overall was disgusting and dirty. After the shower... sign on the wall said not to have more than one appliance plugged in at a time or breaker would blow. Really?
So utterly unimpressed we get into our king sized bed for a comfy night. Bed had dips and was hard as a rock. Was anything but comfy. Only 2 pillows on a king size... then what... an earwig comes crawling up the comforter. I wanted to leave at this point but my hubby said it was probably a fluke. We watched some tv and tried to sleep. A few doors down were a group of people partying. They went on with very loud music and loud vehicle burn outs in the parking lot until 2:30 in the morning!!! No assistance from motel staff to stop the ruckus. We are leaving this morning tired and sore. We basically paid over 100.00 for showers. We recommend to anyone and everyone... stay anywhere but here!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank MarAndyB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2013

In spite of being an old motel in a typical setting, it manages to do well in customer service. The staff is really friendly. The rooms are pretty much well maintained. It's a quiet nice beautiful place.

Room Tip: It's an old motel but still the owners are doing there best to keep up the place.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rave S
Williams Lake, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Needed a room in the okanagan on Saturday of the August long weekend. Nothing available in Kelowna or Vernon. We called Twin Creeks. The gentleman was very polite on the phone. Called us by name once we arrived and accommodated our request for a ground floor room. The hotel is older but, it was very clean and well cared for. There were lovely hanging baskets all over (I wanted to take them home). The room was nice and quiet. No road noise as its behind some large beautiful trees. There is a great little pub there too. Nice not to have to gear up and climb back on the bike because it was 30 degrees. Would stay again. And no! It's not the Holiday Inn Express. But you're not paying those prices either.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Needed a place to stay close to my parents for their 50th anniversary surprise and since this motel is right in town decided to give it a try. We won't be staying again!!

Will start with the PRO'S: it was clean.

Now for the CON'S: first very overpriced for what you get. Non smoking room reeked of smoke. Walls were thin (and we really were ok with that as it is an old building) but when a clock radio alarm starts ringing at 4:15am and continues to do so for the next 2hrs....well needless to say, NOT impressed! And even worse was the not seeming to care attitude of the management! Also friends of my parents were staying as well, they also had a very smoke smelly room that caused the husband to use his puffer for his asthma!

Two things that are needed in the room...a blow dryer and an iron and ironing board! But I guess it doesn't matter......we won't be staying there again!

Room Tip: Good luck!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Kaslo, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Apparently Twin Creeks is the only motel between Vernon and Nakusp on Hwy 6. If you don't want to travel that highway at night, stay in Vernon. I was shown several rooms. Unfortunately, there was mold in a fridge so that was out and so went the kitchenette route. I received a $10 rebate as the remote was missing and after I had settled in, I realized there were only dribbles of hot water from the kitchen faucet. Any cold water had to come from the bathroom sink. There was animal hair covering the kitchen chairs, an old used coffee filter in the coffee maker and a number of burn holes in the bed spread. It's one thing to have workers and long-term renters in the rooms and another stay on top of the upkeep that requires.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I've stayed here several times - because my trip to Lumby is always based on visiting a local business, I normally get a 10% discount. This time, the polite but disinterested young man at the front desk shrugged off my presentation of a discount request and that was that. No big deal, as the room rate is reasonable, but when I checked in my room I discovered the door safety catch was broken off (did someone break into the room on another occasion?) Oh, well. I had a feeling I'd get the same reaction from my front desk friend, so this middle-aged female guest just wedged a chair under the door for the night. However, the room was clean, the bed was pretty comfortable and it was a very quiet night. But for anything other than a decent night's sleep, I'd look around for a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AbbyJ59
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I liked my stay very much it was clean and quiet. There was a very big backyard the management was very friendly and nice I would definitely recommend this to others.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank john s

Been to Twin Creeks Motel? Share your experiences!