“Cozy Cabins in the Beaver Cabin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lumby
Cozy Cabins Nature Resort
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at Cozy Cabins in the Beaver Cabin and it was peaceful and rustic in all the right ways. I will be returning here. The place sleeps alot of people but i was here alone for some R&R. Went out onto the lake. Went fishing. Went hiking. Gentleman owner was helpful. Kim was away. Was a grand ole time!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We went there as a group of 4 people (2 couples) and stayed at the Moose cabin. Loved the wood stove in the cabin which helped keep it warm even though we were there end of October and the nights were pretty chilly. It was super quiet and peaceful and the lake was mysterious and beautiful on the misty Fall mornings. Planning to go back in warmer weather this time!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had a lovely stay! It was myself, mom, and my 4 month old son, and the Lynx cabin (which was recommended to us when we made the reservation) was perfect for us! Even with the chilly weather, we enjoyed the beautiful scenery, walks around the property, and the porch. The cabin was heated by a wood stove, which heated it very well, and created a wonderful ambience. The cabin was very clean, and we had great hospitality both at check in and check out. We can't wait to come back and enjoy a cabin during warmer weather!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Medzi
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Kim and Harald have a 40-odd acre slice of heaven on their hands. Our cabin, the "Bear", had what we needed, was the right size for my family of 4, was quiet, clean, and well-done. Pet friendly, too, although all of the cabins aren't.

We took our cat. He wasn't a travelling kind of cat. Don't take your cat if he isn't a travelling kind of cat. Just sayin'. Freaking cats. Sheesh.

Anyway, firewood is available, and Harald ages and dries it right, sizes it long, splits it nicely, and provides an axe near your door or fire pit (if you have one) to split it down to smaller bits if you want.

The lake water is chilly but not freezing, and there is a little beach which is a perfect place for kids to play.

Our boat was leak-free (Kim and Harald - I forgot to mention that the oars for the Bear are 2 different lengths, which made my excursions onto the lake kinda elliptical and funny. Not a big deal, I didn't bring it up. Experienced rowers will overcome this), the lake is deep and stocked with big catch/release rainbow trout (I caught 6 - some kind of record for that week, I suspect. They like dark, slow flies, BTW), and worth having coffee in front of at 5:00 AM when there's still fog coming off it for those Folgers/Zen moments.

Tuesdays are potluck night, and Kim and Harald brought chips and salsa and some kind of delicious sausage which Harald cooked up. It's a family gig, very nice, and takes place by the main firepit off the beach. Tip: it's optional, but if you go to it and make good guacamole, you'll be a rock star like I was. Kim will back me up on this.

There is a ton of stuff to do nearby. We did very little of it, but had a nice hike to Echo Lake, and took a day trip to Kelowna for lunch. There's paragliding and skiing and kayaking and God knows what else to do up there - there will be a magazine in your cabin with all the details. You're only bored if you want to be, and frankly, we did. It was perfect for that"i really don't want to do anything" sort of vacation.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: This is a resort, and as such is a social environment. The Deer and Bear are right by the beach, and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Schuyler D
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was our first time visiting Cosy Cabins and will definately not be the last! This place was amazing! Very private, beautiful , quiet and the cabins were all very quaint and very comfortable. We were in the Moose Cabin and it was in a very nice secluded spot nestled in the trees within a close proximity to the boat dock and rope swing . It had all the amenities you would need, full bath with tub/shower, full sized fridge with freezer,microwave and stove top for cooking with all pots/pans etc provided( no oven, though in the Moose ) .I would definately recommended Cosy Cabins to everyone and my family will be definately coming back! Great spot for families looking for a nice relaxing getaway of the grid ( no cell phone/ wifi) .The owners are great and take great pride in this property! Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 May 2013

this is the best place I have ever stayed. Secluded and awesome for families or for a romantic getaway! Upon arrival the couple that runs this place are the sweetest most accomodating people. Each cabin get your own personal boat with oars. The lake is small but perfect for paddling around in. the lake is spring fed so its a bit chilly but very welcoming for a hot day. The fire pit by the beach is awesome even if it rains. The owner has built this fire pit to accomodate rainy days or sunny days and could have a fire going all day. the meadow is great for the kids to play soccer or football and very well groomed and kept. The cabins are rustic but clean and have running water and a bathroom to shower and most ammenities are there except linens. Laundry facilities are on site by the main cabin. Echo lake is a few miles away if you want to go for a tour but why would a person ever leave this place it was awesome!

Room Tip: This place is a diamond in the rough!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This was the first time that I stayed at this beautiful resort, and it definitely won't be the last! I travelled with my family to CC in early May, and we were fortunate to have the entire resort to ourselves. The setting is quiet and beautiful, nestled in a quiet valley. The pond was too cold to swim in, but the children had a blast watching the frogs, playing in the sand, and on the playground equipment. I enjoyed sitting around the communal fire pit, listening to the coyotes, frogs and loons. The resort owners are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. There was a previous comment about having to bring your own linens - We were forwarned about this, so it wasn't an issue; also, for a nominal fee, you can rent blankets from the resort. My father has some mobility issues, so we stayed in the Elk Cabin which was on a single floor - If it were just myself, wife and child, we would have chosen Bear or Deer - A separate room on the ground level with beds upstairs and close to the pond. The cabins are clean and spacious, and are exactly what I would want if I had a cabin of my own. One warning: Watch out for deer while driving to the resort! My sister's family counted 50 of them along the road (we only saw 20). The best part of this trip, apart from family time, was that there were no cell phones or TVs! I hope to get an opportunity to visit again in the future!

Room Tip: Elk cabin is quiet, back from the pond, but not too far. Bear and Deer cabins are right on the pond...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ColdWeatherTraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lumby
Beaver Lake Mountain Resort
#1 of 13 in Vernon
Twin Creeks Motel
Twin Creeks Motel
#1 of 1 in Lumby

Been to Cozy Cabins Nature Resort? Share your experiences!