“Overrated, noisy, and just plain plain”
Review of Donnellys of Barna

Donnellys of Barna
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Barna
Price range: US$0 - US$43
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The food was standard pub fare but not done very well. The steak we had was tough and close to impossible. Copious chips and sides per Irish tradition. This place is great for beer. And for convivial company. Lots of revelers

3  Thank CascadeProf
Cecily H, Manager at Donnellys of Barna, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear DonaldP
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Donnellys. We were disappointed to read your review and learn that you did not enjoy your meal with us.
We hope this did not put a dampen on your holidays and that you enjoyed your visit to Galway.
Should you return to Galway in the future we would hope that you would return to Donnellys and leave with a more positive view of us.
Cecily & all the team at Donnellys

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stopped here for lunch the other day and had the most amazing soup. I had vegetable soup and my daughter had the seafood chowder. Both were piping hot and delicious. The atmosphere in the pub was lovely, it was a miserable day out and the pub was warm and welcoming packed with families and groups of friends enjoying the bank holiday. I could have spent all day here!

Dear Monkeychops181
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Donnellys. Delighted you and your daughter enjoyed your lunch with us.
I hope you enjoyed your trip and look forward to welcoming you back should you return.
Thank you.
Kind regards
Cecily & all the team at Donnellys.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped here the other day and was pleasantly surprised, excellent food and friendly staff we'll worth a visit of in Galway.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have been to Barns for a total of 9 times and Donnellys never dissapoints, Food is outstandind and the service just can not be said enough of. On the plus side, management rememberd me from year to year which makes this more like home than a restaurant. I can't wait for my next holiday and more visits to the charming and well staffed abode. The best advertisement is the customers, I never saw or heard one with a negitve about here, And there is always a lovely amount for dinner enjoying the food.
Hats off to you all at Donnellys for a job far and above well done.

Cecily H, Manager at Donnellys of Barna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear GeorgeDofFl
Thank you for taking the time to review. Its nice to have a regular all the way from Florida and we are delighted that you enjoy returning to us when you are on holidays here.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Cecily & all the team

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This local pub has food that I would describe as more gourmet than pub food. I little more pricey than most pubs we visited but it was worth the price.