“New favorite restaurant in Galway and maybe best in Ireland!” 5 of 5 bubbles

O'Grady's on the Pier
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Barna
Price range: US$1 - US$87
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bonita Springs, Florida
“New favorite restaurant in Galway and maybe best in Ireland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Wow, I love this spot! I dined there last night for the first time and was blown away. I had the seafood chowder as a starter and it was one of the best chowders I've ever tasted. It was beautiful and filled with fish. For my main I had the chef recommended Plaice and it was - hands down - one of the best seafood dishes I have had and this says a lot because it had a citrus flavor and I'm normally not a citrus fan. My significant other had the Halibut and that was lovely as well. The service was impeccable. We had a table right near the window and even though it was dark outside we could still see the Barna Pier lights shining on the sea. It was a windy rainy night outside but so warm and cosy in the restaurant. The fire was on and really the atmosphere was gorgeous. We honestly had a near perfect dining experience and we are looking forward to going back. This is the place I will bring visitors that stay with us in Galway in the future. The food was really reasonably priced as well (two starters, two mains, two glasses of wine, one pint for 77 euro).

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cathy D

• Polish first
La Floresta, Uruguay
“Nice cozy restaurant, a good taste of Irish hospitality and cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Well located in Barna, a small village to the West of Galway, this cozy restaurant is indeed worth its reputation.
Typical local lamb and seafood dishes like its seafood chowder make it one of the best restaurants I have been to in Ireland.
I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Eduardo S
Dublin, Ireland
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had a birthday dinner here in November, food was good but not spectacular (unlike the prices), service average, restaurant is very nice and good atmosphere with an open fire downstairs. The house wine was not good, we had 2 glasses of different wine and both were poor.
Overall a nice experience but not worth the prices.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Buzz_7
Galway, Ireland
“Overcooked”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Both my guest and I ordered the monkfish, her's required special preparation. We were both served at the same time, her's was perfect and mine was definitely dry, stringy and overcooked. I think a better management of the kitchen is required.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sao Paulo, SP
“Spetacular Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Amazing lace, spetacular food! Try starting with an O'Grady's Seafood Chowder and then a Cod. Finish with an O'Grady's apple crumble! Unforgetable!