“Excellent seafood”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Food was great. The place is small, yet incredibly homey. Everything tasted fresh, the recipes were great.

1  Thank Ann O

Reviewed 25 May 2014

On a recent visit to Galway my wife and I were in an ice cream parlour where we got chatting to a couple who recommended O'Grady's. We booked that night and ate the following night and we were delighted that we had done so. My wife is a sea food lover and I don't eat fish so I was a little reluctant going to a seafood restaurant but there was adequate choice for the non fish eater. The menu was clever,great choice of wine,food beautifully cooked and presented and staff were very friendly.Extra touches such as the delicious wheaten bread and a window seat looking out onto the bay made it even more special.Good value for money.

1  Thank Little00715
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Im generally not one to write these reviews but I had to give o'gradys a mention. I recently went there for dinner with my boyfriend...food was absolutely AMAZING...we both agreed it was the best meal we have had in a very long time.Staff are so attentive and very friendly.Definitely one place to visit,you will not be disappointed.Keep up the good work!!il be back

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Food was just OK, ambience was just OK despite a delightful location, and service was really sub-par. Would we return? Probably not.

3  Thank JackKMaine_USA
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We finally got around to this popular restaurant, after trying a few times and not getting a table. I would always recommend booking, whether for lunch or dinner, due to the popularity of the place! We were just home from Spain, so had been spoiled by the Spanish seafood, however O'Grady's did us proud. Sensible portions, excellent cooking and clever menu design are all heavily featured here, alongside a good wine list. The friendly and welcoming staff were happy to be consulted about wine and also about the menu. After many years of trying to get here, it will surely not take as long to get back. Not that it was required, given the strength of the menu, but the views over Galway Bay are stunning too, and the beach is right outside for a walk to use up some of those calories! Highly recommended!