The Twelve Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,867 results
All reviewswest restaurantmood lightingvoya productson arrivalhandwritten noteluxury suitewelcome cardhand written cardgalway citylittle touchesboutique hotelfamily suitepins barmini barcoffee machineeggs benedictfrom start to finish
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I stayed in this hotel 20th & 21st of May....from my original booking the service provided by the hotel was second to none. It was faultless. I had been liasing in particular with Samantha from your hotel & she was extremely courteous and helpful. No matter who I spoke to/emailed the service was excellent. We were greeted with a nice cold glass of punch on arrival. Our room was beautiful, I especially liked the mood lighting in the bathroom. We had chocolate strawberries and shortbread in our room on arrival plus a handwritten card from Samantha welcoming us to the hotel. It's these simple touches that make all the difference! The meal we had in West was possibly one of the best meals we'd ever eaten.......faultless. It was my partners birthday & the hotel even took the trouble to decorate his desert plate and serve it with a candle. This was all without me asking - they simply took note of the occasion when I booked and it was a wonderful touch.
The breakfast was equally as fantastic & we received a free coffee on check out from their beautiful bakery......I actually could not fault this hotel anywhere along the line. From booking right through to check out our every needs were catered for without having to ask for a thing. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone- the extra €€€ is well worth every cent!
Elaine Burke
Dublin

Reviewed 24 May 2011

My girlfriend and I had been planning to take a trip to Ireland celebrate (or as she put it, commiserate) her 30th birthday on May 2nd 2011. This coincided with the Royal Wedding, so we were convinced we would have a hard time finding a place to stay for a reasonable amount. After a short time searching the internet, we found a selection of places that were both available and affordable. The one that we liked the look of the most was The Twelve, situated by the bay in Galway, the west coast of Ireland. We found several deals that covered our 2 night requirement, including the Gourmet option, which included a meal at the hotels own restaurant, 'West'. This had received many good reviews, and for '159 per person for two nights, we booked.

We rented a car from Dublin and drove across the country to take in the scenery, it was superb. On arrival, we found the car park easily, which had plenty of space, so we got our bags and headed to the lift to reception.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter how good a place is, if the service is poor, it can ruin a beautiful place. This was not the case here. We were greeted in the perfect welcoming manner by Samantha, who offered us a seat, went through our booking, and informed us of the Hotel amenities and other information. She offered us help with our luggage and went to our room. It really set the mood.

Making our way through the hotel, we were impressed by the decor and the subtle lighting, large elaborate mirrors from floor to ceiling were a common feature, and some interesting art work decorated the walls. Arriving at our room, we were very pleased. Dark wood furniture, modern yet classic, filled the room. The bed was had Tempur mattress and superb pillows, I have never slept that well, very comfortable. The bathroom had a huge walk in shower, and mood lighting. When you pull the light cord, coloured up lights illuminate the room. We had a large window that looked out to the bay, and although by a main road, this was not a disturbance at all. We received a knock at the door, and were given a small plate with two strawberries dipped in chocolate and short bread as a welcome gift. A small touch, but greatly appreciated, and a sign of the Hotels good service.

We went to the bar (The Pins) and had a few pre dinner drinks, and again, the service was perfect; Polite, fast, and a pleasant atmosphere. We had booked our table for 7pm, so we left for the restaurant, which happened to be on our floor. Once again, we were greeted with superb decor, a welcoming atmosphere and excellent service. The staff clearly wanted to provide a great experience and were attentive without being intrusive. We received some recommendations, and decided on Salmon Fishcakes/Mussels to start, followed by Fillet Steak/Pork Loin, the finishing with Summer Fruit with Short Bread/Ice Cream. The food was ... well superb doesn't cover it, divine maybe? It was amazing. Not too much, not too little, the flavours were perfect, cooked just as I like, and I asked them to do something a little special with Michelle's desert for her birthday, they wrote Happy Birthday in chocolate around her plate in superb writing, and placed a candle in one of the scoops of ice cream. As I write ice cream it sounds a bit plain, but it was a very rich, delicious variety. The whole experience was absolutely perfect.

Upon leaving the Hotel, we received our bill, were talked through any extras we put on our room, and were treated just as we were on arrival. We left feeling that not only had we got a good deal anyway, we had found the deal of the decade, as although the Hotel was great, the service is what made it that little bit more... perfect.

I cannot recommend this Hotel enough, I will be going back at some point :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We got married here in November 2010 - the attention to detail, service, food and the atmosphere was first class - we would not have a single complaint from the initial booking of our wedding through to the day itself, we would highly recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2011

From check in, where you get a glass of punch to relax after your journey, to the birthday suprise for my fiancee when we got to the room, this was one of the best hotels I have stayed in and all because of the simple old fashioned customer service that we received from start to finish..... Without being over-the-top, the service was sincere and spot on.

The rooms are very trendy so wont suit people who are looking for very traditional surroundings. Also, it is a little outside of Galway so if you are looking for lots of nightlife, you are better off booking in Galway City....

However, if you are looking for a little bit of rest from city life in a trendy hotel where customer is obviously at the heart of what they do, The Twelve is the place...I could not recommend it more.... and I'm choosy...!

Reviewed 18 May 2011

Stayed at the Twelve last weekend and found the whole experience excellent. We had booked a suite as a treat and when we arrived we were shown the two different suites available and given the choice of either, nice touch. We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful receptionist who offered us complimentary ice tea. We ate in the hotel restaurant and although I ordered the wrong dish this was also excellent. On departure we were offered free take away coffees from the hotel bakery. A most enjoyable stay and we will return. One tip if you are visiting, the pub across the road sells one of the best pints of Guinness ever.

Room Tip: Suites are very good value