“Twelve Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ireland
“Twelve Hotel”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

A really lovely hotel, perfect for a romantic getaway. The food in the pins restaurant was delish! We ate both lunch and dinner there. I booked b&b with eve meal also. I thought the meal was in their other restaurant which is supposed to be a bit fancier but it was in the bar/bistro. The only minor complaint would be that lthe unch and dinner menu were quite similar. Although the food that we got was fab, I would have liked a little more choice. Room was so comfy and large. I will def make a return visit.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here and could not have been happier that we did. The room was large and beautiful, with a nice balcony that peeked through to the water. The bed was amazing and so comfortable! We had breakfast each morning, and it was perfect. The pastries are all made fresh on site each morning. Like others said. It's a short drive into Galway. The town it is in is just cute as can be! Everyone there was very friendly, even helping us find a dr when I began to get sick with a cold. Our only regret was not staying longer! We can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank MarissaKC
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I went here recently for a meal with my family and I loved it. It really is top class. The food is amazing and reasonably priced. Definitely going in my top favorite places to go for dinner. I want to go back right now :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed in the hotel with a large group of friends. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. The rooms are beautiful and really clean. The food was fantastic. I cant wait to go back to the hotel and I will be recommending it to everyone I know.

• Stayed January 2013
athlone
Reviewed 28 January 2013

WOW!!II was planning a night away for my family - a group of ten adults. I emailed the hotel and Fiona Greaney replied promptly. She was so efficent, friendly and helpful in every regard. My parents were upgraded to a suite. She also took details of my sister ceoliac and the staff in hotel were aware of it at dinner and breakfast. She was even able to enjoy a gluten free full Irish breakfast! From the minute we set foot in the twelve we were welcomed and treated so well. The warm welcome drink when checking in was welcome especially as the day was so cold. Our room was beautiful. Huge bed and elegantly designed. I loved the hand written welcome card, chocolate dipped strawberries & shortbread. A lovely personal touch. The meal in the west restaurant was beautiful. the atmosphere in the bar was also very good. The hotel was busy which is a good sign. The staff in this hotel are exceptional - nothing is too much hassle. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definetly return. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Ring, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Great hotel , great staff who were on hand at all times , food was exquiste and the breakfast pancakes mmmmmm and atmosphere top class ,a hotel bar that felt like a good pub bar .everyone felt relaxed and ready to come back as soon as we can.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Really nice bar. Excellent drinks menu. End up having to waiting for a table for dinner, we never booked ahead . but thats a good sign of a place.Food was top quality. serving was not very big we both had the Cod. I feel waitress should have asked if we wanted to order a side order , ended up ordering one between us shortly after getting the meal, other wise i would have left with satisfied taste buds but a not so full belly

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kevcarm2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barna
Park House Hotel
Glenlo Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bushypark
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,110 reviews
the g Hotel & Spa Galway

Been to The Twelve Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Twelve Hotel

Property: The Twelve Hotel
Address: Barna Coast Rd., Barna, Galway, Ireland
Region: Ireland > Western Ireland > Province of Connacht > County Galway > Galway > Barna
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barna
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:4 star — The Twelve Hotel 4*
The Twelve - where history and tradition meet luxury and style. The Twelve is located a beautiful ten minutes from Galway city on the coast road to Connemara. Opened in 2007 to rave reviews, The Twelve won 'Best new hotel in Ireland' and since then has been judged the 'Best boutique hotel in Ireland' every year. Acclaimed for its passion of advocating great food through the use of local, seasonal products, The Twelve has also won every food and wine award there is to win. The Pins Bar really sets the tone with a hip, urban style (awarded Best Gastro Pub in Ireland), this hangout attracts an eclectic crowd. Grab a cocktail and enjoy the best of live music on the weekends. Experience West at The Twelve for the ultimate, gourmet dining experience, then retire to your chic room and consider ordering exclusive seaweed spa treatments to begin your next wonderful day in Barna, Galway. Visit West restaurant and The Pins BarBistroBakery on Trip Advisor ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Twelve Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The 12 Hotel