“Overpriced for basic pub grub”
Review of The Garden Cafe

The Garden Cafe
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Lydbrook
Price range: US$41 - US$41
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We went with great expectations but I came away feeling I'd been ripped off. The set menu was falafel for starter and mousaka with some salad leaves for main - not worth £15.00. An extra £5.00 for a pavlova (mediocre) with 3 grape slices and a spoonful of greek yoghourt, £2.50 for a coffee and an unspecified amount for tapas (2 small bowls of olives with a small bread basket). We were a table of 7. I was just so disappointed.

4  Thank spiketheborder
artyfoodie, Manager at The Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

Ripped off? The Homemade Bread and Olives on the table are FREE!
What you failed to mention was that there were a two piece cabaret act playing in the restaurant, the evening was 'Cabaret night' - so the price of £15 for live entertainment all evening and a two course meal and free bread and olives , I think is pretty good!

Reviewed 17 July 2011

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend in May . The welcome, accommodation, food were all fantastic. Lovely location near the river for some post dinner walks.

1  Thank Lindz24