“hit and miss”
Review of The Wye Fry

Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Lydbrook
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Cuisines: Fast food
Description: The Wye Fry specialises in producing delicious fast food in front of your eyes. Our service is unparalleled and you will leave with a smile on your face whatever day of the week. Our large menu has been specifically built to accommodate a wide range of diets and so we are certain we have some tasty food for you. It will have you wishing you had saved room for more! Vegetarians are just as welcome with a range of tasty foods that will satisfy all.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Have had several takeaways sometimes good, sometimes very average.
Cod can be very dry at times even when ordering large so that it's cooked to order

The_Wye_Fry, Owner at The Wye Fry, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2015

Since your visit we have had a major overhaul and not only has our service been completely overhauled but we have also completed major changes to our food quality and production process.

If you get a chance to pop by again just provide your username and mention your review and we promise to make it up to you.

Raj

Reviewed 16 June 2013

As I was staying a short distance away in a B & B and need to do some home work, a fish supper was ideal and being on my own did not want to go to local pub or restaurant. The fish was rather dry/over cooked, but the batter, chips and mushy peas were extremely nice. As the fish was the main part of meal I was extremely disappointed

The_Wye_Fry, Owner at The Wye Fry, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Hello Lena,

After recently taking an interest in TripAdvisor I have come across your negative review. I am absolutely shocked and embarrassed at your review of my shop and I would like to insist that you come and visit again. Since your last visit the shop has changed massively with more quality control processes in place. All staff are trained and consistent (which was not the case at the time of your review) and they would be more than happy to make your visit a pleasant one.

I can only offer you my most sincerest apologies and the next time you visit, mention your name and the supper is on us. I can guarantee your next visit will be the first of many.

Rajesh

Reviewed 16 June 2013

It's a shame that this is the only chippy in the village because it is not very good. Very expensive especially when the quality is taken in to account. Portions are small but prices do not match. Everything is always a bit under done- batter always soggy.
Properly grabbing.