“Fantastic Menu”

Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Leadburn Inn is friendly, cosy Country pub with "real beer, proper food & comfy beds". We pride ourself on totally fresh, seasonal produce, sourced locally. Our menu is classically British comfort food, where the flavours of the ingredients speak for themselves....! We also have an ever changing specials board. Our cask conditioned ale selection changes regularly as does our bottled beer selection. We are independently owned and very family friendly. So much so there is a purpose built, 3 level, kids soft play area in a separate part of the building. We now have boutique bedrooms available. They are a mix of double, family and quad, Please see our website for details.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Second time I've been since its been taken over. Both times had lovely, warm receptions from the staff. This particular time had a beautiful table for 6 right at the window, which was great as the sun was shining through and we had the views over the Pentlands. The menu both times has been fantastic and so hard to choose what to have. The portions are also very generous! I had roasted Camembert to start (shared between 2) and then the salmon linguine and I was absolutely stuffed. I love puddings but there was just no room- much to my disappointment because the first time I went they were so tasty and wonderfully presented I ended up taking photos! Two others shared the nachos, which should have really been for 4 because it was so much! Have been recommending it to everyone.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was a lovely evening and my husband and I decided to go out for dinner and I had been told about this place. Luckily when we phoned they could accommodate us.

The place itself has been recently done up and the place was very comfortable. When we arrived the staff were really pleasant and welcoming and they could manage to take us early as we arrived early.

Although the menu online needs updated as the one given at the time was slightly different, the food still sounded good. I liked the fact that they could accommodate with a 4oz steak as anything bigger is a bit too much for me. The sweet potato died that I had with mine were lovely and the portion sizes were very generous. My husband and I both had steak and it was very nice although not cooked as we had asked, they were both overcooked but to be fair the steaks were still tender and not too overdone.

They have free WiFi and were very attentive and chatty throughout the service. I had cheesecake for desert which was nice but the base was a soggy. My husband had ice-cream that he enjoyed.

I would definitely come here again as the value for money was good and the staff excellent.

2  Thank Mortqueen
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We went here for dinner on Sunday night and we really enjoyed it.
The food was lovely, I had the fish & chips, my partner had the steak pie.
We hadn't been here since the refurbishment and we were very impressed. The decor is great & there is a great wee beer garden out the front of the building,
All the staff were very nice & friendly and the service was quick.
Would defiantly recommend this place and will be back! :-)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Took my family here for lunch today as I had read all the good reports. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. The menu was different from what they have on their website - some of the meals advertised on the website were not on the menu at all. I suggest they need to update their website surely?

The staff were friendly and the service was fine but some of the food was average.

For starters some of us ordered the rosemary and foccacia bread. There was plenty of it and it was soft and warm when it was first brought to the table but it turned quite hard and crunchy to eat before we even finished it. I ordered the battered haddock and unfortunatley could only eat half of it as it was very greasy. My nephew ordered the "home made" nanchos etc and was disappointed (again not finishing it). He also ordered the scampi and asked for no salad with it and when it came it was on a small plate with some breaded scampi (shaped like fish) and approx 8 chips and the price for that was £11.95! Not good value. The puddings we ordered (sticky toffee pudding) were nice.

When we asked for the bill they had also made two errors charging different prices for the same drinks.

I'll give them their due, they did reduce the price of the greasy haddock meal but overall, sorry to say I wil not hurry back or recommend to anyone else.

2  Thank Caggsy675
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Read the reviews and booked a table. You don't have to book but it is a busy little place. We were made very welcome upon arrival and shown to nice table by the window with a good view. The menu was varied and something for everyone. The staff were keen to serve you and we did not have to wait for our food which was really nice.

This place is a bit out the way and someone will have to drive but nice location nice food perfect place if you just want sit and let the world go by. Will use this place again and would take family to it.

1  Thank kiltman75