“A Great Canadian Fishing Experience”
Review of Manotak Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perrault Falls
Manotak Lodge
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Arrived at Manotak Lodge on Saturday June 15th and stayed until Saturday June 22nd. Arrived a little before check in time but cabin was ready so I moved right in. Nice clean cabin! Went to the pre-fish meeting to get all the info concerning the previous weeks fishing spots, lake hazard warnings, and other important stuff. You could also purchase your fishing license at this time - I purchase mine online before the trip. After the initial meeting it was time to fish, and what a great week of fishing it was! My suggestion would be to get a boat upgrade. The boat fights the waves better on windy days, has a bigger motor which gets you to places faster, has a depth finder which is a must, and is bigger to help carry all of your passengers and fishing gear. Some of the reviews make it sound like you drop your bait in the water and you catch a fish. This of course is not true. A fisherman needs to hunt for the fish which in my opinion is part of the fun. My target fish is walleye - my fish size ranged from 9" to 29". Caught Perch, Northern, Smallmouth and Whitefish while fishing for Walleye. Fish were plentiful to say the least. The guys who work the dock were always there to assist when I arrived back at the dock to drop off fish for cleaning, needed more bait, or needed ideas on where to fish. My choice was to cook some of my meals in my cabin and eat some of my meals in the lodge. Lodge meals were always good! Dave and Linda are superb hosts who enjoy what they are doing and that attitude rubs off on all of their guests. All in all a fun week and great vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pete D

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I am compelled to write a second review of Manotak Lodge because this year things have changed. Last year it was excellent, but this year it was much, much better.

I am retired and a frequent traveler and an avid angler, I have been to many hotels, motels, lodges, B&B’s, cruises and fishing trips in almost all 50 States and at least a dozen countries. I am an avid reader and rely on Trip Advisor research to make an informed opinion. It always amazes me how 50 reviews may say a place was pure heaven and one or two say it was a nightmare. i realize there a few people who have negativity written into their DNA, are looking for compensation, are mad at the world, or have a problem. When reading reviews, I have learned to ignore and laugh at these types. Negative reviews are important, but you can tell which ones are honest and which aren't.

Manotak Lodge is a place where you can’t help but have a good time, make friends and catch lots of fish. As any angler knows there are always slow days, but this year our numbers were absolutely the best ever and would have been higher if not for time spent watching the Stanley Cup finals.

Forget about quantities, many of these fish were personal bests, the biggest fish I have ever caught in Canada. On one particular day my buddy and I caught 57 northern pike in about 3 hours. After two weeks, I literally had calluses on my fingers from catching and handling so many fish.

All the previous comments about the excellent hospitality, meals, accommodations, amenities, equipment and customer service are 100% true, so there is no need to repeat them. I will make one special comment though, when my back was a little tweeked (probably from catching all those fish) Linda provided me with a brand new memory foam pad for my bed that really allowed me to sleep so much better. Thank you Linda. Aside from that, they are also the best priced and best value lodge for all the plans offered. They also have a license and boats on a drive-to, Musky-only lake. That’s right, a lake where the only game fish are Muskies and it is offered free of charge! Some years we have caught 3 or 4 a piece and sometimes I have heard of guests catching 7 or 8 in an afternoon with 2 to 3 times that many follow ups. Unheard of.

I could just go on and on but I invite anyone to contact me with any questions. I only wish I could visit there more than once a year, it’s so hard to wait 11 months for such an incredibly good time.

Room Tip: Almost all cabins have a lake view, look at the website and pick a cabin that matches your plan and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lou C
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Upper 80's and severe bright sunshine combined with our lack of expertise in fishing made for slow action all week, but still caught our biggest northerns and walleyes ever. I would definitely recommend upgrading to the large boat. And if you go for a guide, I strongly suggest one of their "regulars" that received kudos from the folks using them.

Staff and owners are very friendly and the entire "family plan" bunch made breakfast and dinner enjoyable social occasions. Dock guys were very helpful.

This was my third Packaged fishing trip and the first in more than 25 years, so I really am no judge of value at Manotak, but based on the high percentage of repeat guest, I assume that those more knowledgeable than I am would consider this good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank billbeme
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I wrote a review last year after spending 2 weeks at this resort. I needed to review it again as it has become an even better resort than last year. In the 6 years I have been going to Manotak, this year topped them all. The quantity of fish, and size has surpassed even my expectations. Dave and Linda run a terrific lodge, and have great staff both in the dining room and at the dock. I really enjoy the personal touches that are extended to all of their guests. If you have any special diet requirements, they can handle it. They clean your fish for you, if you have a battery that needs charging, they charge it, and put it back in your boat for you. They are a FULL SERVICE LODGE. I have looked at several lodges in North-west Ontario, and found that this is the best lodge, regardless of price. You may not catch record sized fish every day, but all of the fish are well above average size and plentiful. We are already booked for next year.

Room Tip: Read the blog on the Manotak.com website. Dave updates it weekly, and many guests add their comment...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 18 June 2013

we went with 8 guys 2nd week they were opened this year . Dave and Linda really do want you to have the time of your life ! Food was excellent . get the full slab of ribs !! Things I would advise is that it is a well run resort for people that want to enjoy the fishing and other guest company it is not a " party pad" It is a big body of water and getting a guide for a day or two is a good idea, try for Bill and his son . Staff rocks and the chef cooked for a guest with celiac disease who said her food was amazing!! Finally the fishing ! Our oldest member of the group at 58 and has fished all his life said it best when we got back " on Monday in 45 minutes I caught 4 of the biggest fish i ever caught 29'' walleye, 27'' walleye, 38'' northern , and lost a walleye that was over 30'' at the side of the boat .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank mark m
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We've had the privelege of visiting Manotak Lodge for 12 years and the trip always exceeds our high expectations. Cabins are clean and comfortable, meals are always outstanding, boats are extremely comfortable even in rough water, fishing is spectacular (walleye, pike, smallmouth, perch) and hosts Linda, Dave and the whole crew make everyone feel like family! Wildlife sightings are a bonus too,...otter, beaver, eagle, bear, and moose. For hearty adventurers try their private remote walk in lake. "Fly In" experience at a fraction of the price at the end of a 45 minute (warning - trail is usually wet - needed rubber boots are available) hike.

Can't wait to return!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank pdquandt
Reviewed 3 May 2013

rudolf fishing crew best place ever this is my 25th year at manotak fishing is always great you do not need a guide rapala husky jerk catches all fish its clear your not a very good fisherman you should stick to stocked ponds DAVE CABIN 14

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Been to Manotak Lodge? Share your experiences!