“Best Drive To Lodge In NW Ontario”
Review of Manotak Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perrault Falls
Manotak Lodge
Reviewed 12 June 2014

What can I say? Just returned from a fantastic week at Manotak Lodge with my three sons. Trust me this place does not disappoint. If you are looking for a full service fishing vacation, you need to give Manotak a try.

From the comfortable accommodations and boats to the tremendous food and a staff (from the kitchen to the dock) that knows the meaning of attentive service, you won't find a better location than Manotak.

And the fishing? Perrault Lake is a Walleye, Pike and Smallmouth factory! Every day we caught plenty of numbers as well as quality fish.

Dave and Linda Becker run a terrific lodge. Give it a try on your next fishing vacation. I will be back for sure.

Chris B.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Chris B
There are newer reviews for Manotak Lodge

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just returned from a perfect week at Manotak Lodge in N.W. Ontario. First of all the fishing was fabulous. Trophy walleye, northern pike and small mouth bass were caught. As far as the Lodge, the owners know what it takes for a great vacation experience. The boats, cabins and overall facilities were great. The food was another highlight. The dock hands and waitresses were all excellent helping make our stay very comfortable. Thank you Manotak Lodge for a vacation I will always remember. I will be back next year.
D.L. Springfield, MO

Room Tip: Great place and very affordable
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Don L
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We went back to Manotak after missing two years because of my health. I still needed a ride to and from the dock and help in and out of the boat. Dave and Linda still run one of the best camps in NW Ontario. Earl and Kenny are great at the dock and the kitchen crew is equally as good. Fishing ain't bad either! This may well be best value in NW Ontario. I will keep going back until my health is gone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sharon b
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My father and I spent a week at Manotak, our first ever Canadian fishing trip. Like a lot of people who are looking to book their first ever Canadian the options are endless, and making a choice is difficult. In my opinion you can not go wrong here. If you are looking for great staff and world class fishing, this is your place. The accommodations are clean and comfortable, not that you will have time to think much about it. I was concerned that I would have issues with the lack of a TV in the cabin… not a problem, the fishing will keep you occupied all day, and if the weather is so bad you cannot get out the main lodge has a big screen TV and an abundance of great people to chat with. I do not have experience with other lodges but we will be going back to Manotak as soon as we can.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Steven p
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Arrived at Manotak Lodge on Saturday June 15th and stayed until Saturday June 22nd. Arrived a little before check in time but cabin was ready so I moved right in. Nice clean cabin! Went to the pre-fish meeting to get all the info concerning the previous weeks fishing spots, lake hazard warnings, and other important stuff. You could also purchase your fishing license at this time - I purchase mine online before the trip. After the initial meeting it was time to fish, and what a great week of fishing it was! My suggestion would be to get a boat upgrade. The boat fights the waves better on windy days, has a bigger motor which gets you to places faster, has a depth finder which is a must, and is bigger to help carry all of your passengers and fishing gear. Some of the reviews make it sound like you drop your bait in the water and you catch a fish. This of course is not true. A fisherman needs to hunt for the fish which in my opinion is part of the fun. My target fish is walleye - my fish size ranged from 9" to 29". Caught Perch, Northern, Smallmouth and Whitefish while fishing for Walleye. Fish were plentiful to say the least. The guys who work the dock were always there to assist when I arrived back at the dock to drop off fish for cleaning, needed more bait, or needed ideas on where to fish. My choice was to cook some of my meals in my cabin and eat some of my meals in the lodge. Lodge meals were always good! Dave and Linda are superb hosts who enjoy what they are doing and that attitude rubs off on all of their guests. All in all a fun week and great vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pete D
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I am compelled to write a second review of Manotak Lodge because this year things have changed. Last year it was excellent, but this year it was much, much better.

I am retired and a frequent traveler and an avid angler, I have been to many hotels, motels, lodges, B&B’s, cruises and fishing trips in almost all 50 States and at least a dozen countries. I am an avid reader and rely on Trip Advisor research to make an informed opinion. It always amazes me how 50 reviews may say a place was pure heaven and one or two say it was a nightmare. i realize there a few people who have negativity written into their DNA, are looking for compensation, are mad at the world, or have a problem. When reading reviews, I have learned to ignore and laugh at these types. Negative reviews are important, but you can tell which ones are honest and which aren't.

Manotak Lodge is a place where you can’t help but have a good time, make friends and catch lots of fish. As any angler knows there are always slow days, but this year our numbers were absolutely the best ever and would have been higher if not for time spent watching the Stanley Cup finals.

Forget about quantities, many of these fish were personal bests, the biggest fish I have ever caught in Canada. On one particular day my buddy and I caught 57 northern pike in about 3 hours. After two weeks, I literally had calluses on my fingers from catching and handling so many fish.

All the previous comments about the excellent hospitality, meals, accommodations, amenities, equipment and customer service are 100% true, so there is no need to repeat them. I will make one special comment though, when my back was a little tweeked (probably from catching all those fish) Linda provided me with a brand new memory foam pad for my bed that really allowed me to sleep so much better. Thank you Linda. Aside from that, they are also the best priced and best value lodge for all the plans offered. They also have a license and boats on a drive-to, Musky-only lake. That’s right, a lake where the only game fish are Muskies and it is offered free of charge! Some years we have caught 3 or 4 a piece and sometimes I have heard of guests catching 7 or 8 in an afternoon with 2 to 3 times that many follow ups. Unheard of.

I could just go on and on but I invite anyone to contact me with any questions. I only wish I could visit there more than once a year, it’s so hard to wait 11 months for such an incredibly good time.

Room Tip: Almost all cabins have a lake view, look at the website and pick a cabin that matches your plan and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lou C
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Upper 80's and severe bright sunshine combined with our lack of expertise in fishing made for slow action all week, but still caught our biggest northerns and walleyes ever. I would definitely recommend upgrading to the large boat. And if you go for a guide, I strongly suggest one of their "regulars" that received kudos from the folks using them.

Staff and owners are very friendly and the entire "family plan" bunch made breakfast and dinner enjoyable social occasions. Dock guys were very helpful.

This was my third Packaged fishing trip and the first in more than 25 years, so I really am no judge of value at Manotak, but based on the high percentage of repeat guest, I assume that those more knowledgeable than I am would consider this good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank billbeme

Been to Manotak Lodge? Share your experiences!