“Great experience!”

Hotel Restaurant Lowen Dielsdorf
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dielsdorf
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here and it was one of the best places we've stayed in Europe. We loved having our room fixed everyday while we are away. It I'd unfortunate that the hotels main office is not at the location, however, they're quick on email.
Caution to travelers from the United States: wifi is received through SMS code. If you do not have data, it's hard in all of Switzerland. However, email reception before you leave to receive a username and code! They helped us out so we didn't have to rely on Starbucks.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Lynne C

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel is not that far away from the airport and it has a very good quality/price ratio compared to other hotels in the area. The wifi access is very fast. The rooms are clean. I enjoyed my stay in this hotel that I strongly recommend. The restaurant is also quite nice, like the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This lovely lil' hotel in the small town of Dielsdorf is one of my more favorite hotels. Since I have to be in Dielsdorf often for business, I love staying at this family owned hotel. It's quiet, very clean. I always get a business room; those rooms are very contemporary in design. Nice wood, good beds, and EXCELLENT showers! You've got to love the water pressure in the shower. Just awesome. Breakfast is more than adequate; the coffee is excellent.
There is only 1 point I don't like... The pillow is too soft. I actually... hate it.
In the corridor there is ALWAYS a fruit basket with fresh apples. An unexpected but nice touch.
The staff delivers a service with a smile and are always very friendly.
The hotel also has a restaurant which is worth visiting. Lately I have been very fond of they white asparagus with mouseline sauce.
Also worth mentioning is the terrace. It's great to have lunch, dinner or just a drink outside.
As you can tell, I love going to this hotel. It's just 10' by car to Zurich or even better: a 10' train ride!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The Hotel is managed by a very friendly staff. I stay there quite often, and I find my keys already prepared for me when I arrive. The rooms are simple but very comfortable, with wifi and always a basket of juicy apples. A very personal stay vs the international and anonymous business hotel. I highly recommend to stay there. The restaurant offers very good dishes, but it's costly for dining there every day. They have a wellness center just around the corner where you can stay fit.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I have stayed on two separate trips at the Hotel Lowen in Dielsdorf, liked it very much, and will stay there again. The hotel is within a short walk from the train station, and is located in a very quaint neighborhood (if you want to stay in the big city, don't stay here). A bit expensive, but remember: this is Switzerland. The staff is friendly, and the rooms are clean and tidy. Restaurant has great food. Yes, there is a church up on the hill whose bells ring every 15 minutes, but that is true all over Switzerland.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Rooms are clean and pretty big with a good bathroom, well working shower and comfortable bed.
There is free wifi, restaurant and bar, which is very important because in the city there is not a lot to do except one bar a few minutes walking from the hotel.

The only problem is that there is no air conditioning in the room and when I was there it was very hot

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have traveled to Dielsdorf for business three times now and stayed here. My colleague noticed the church clock chimes but I found it quite quiet; certainly no sounds from within the hotel and litte outside. Breakfast is quite good and the one time we had dinner here it was excellent. The rooms are comfortable and modern and absolutely spotless. I wish there were more local hotels like the Lowen. Reasonable prices for Switzerland.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Been to Hotel Restaurant Lowen Dielsdorf? Share your experiences!