Hotel Rachel
Hotel Blue Fountain(Agia Marina)
US$70
US$68
Hotel Liberty 2(Agia Marina)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$53
Isidora Hotel(Agia Marina)
Argo Hotel(Agia Marina)
TripAdvisor
123 Soleil Studios(Agia Marina)
Senia Studios(Agia Marina)
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach matsperfect locationexcellent hostssmall hotellarge balconymake you feel at homeaegina portshops and restaurantssea viewbeautiful beachmariaumbrellasfridgeislandathensgreekplug
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Very beautiful and clean hotel near the beach, with great view by the see. Mr Giannis and Mrs Maria are very kind and ready to help you in whatever you may need. They make you feel like being home!
P.S. The breakfast that the hotel offers is of great value, don't miss it!

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2009

This was our 4th stay at the Hotel Rachel which celebrated 25 years since we met in Aghia Marina. John and Maria are like family and make our stay relaxing, enjoyable and never wish to return home We had a superb holiday enjoying food at The Achillion (we look forward to seeing Victoria when she arrives for Manchester University), drinking at Mike's Bar (thanks for the Mike's Midnight Snack), and a nightcap and lovely chats to Ted and Gilly. I especially enjoy my 6.30 am walks to see the sunrise (even managed to persuade my husband to join me on a couple of occasions, including a walk up the hill to see the Temple!!). A special thank you to Bella (Mike's mother) for supplying me with a lovely mug of nescafe every morning after my walks. We are awaiting flights to book our return next year to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary. See you all next year.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2009

We wrapped up a three week trip to Greece and Israel (exluding our very last night) with two nights in Aegina. The hotel hosts, John and Maria, were very helpful and friendly. The first week in June was relatively quiet, and John gave us a ride to the Temple of Aphias rather than waiting for the bus. (I'm sure he can't do that for all guests in the high season, but the personal service was excellent). He even gave us a lift later when he had a trip across the island to Aegina town. We returned from there by bus, which is not expensive but only runs about once every 90 minutes.

The breakfast was very nice, and we enjoyed opening the windows and hearing the waves on the seashore. Agia Marina is more of village than a town. There are a row of restaurants and shops (including one owned by Rachel, the mother of the hotel operators). John and Maria gave us good advice about two restaurants, one just down the hill from the hotel on the right, and one up the small hill and then right on the main street (Papa---- something, I recall) just where the main road bends up the hill. Both had seating overlooking the ocean, and we shared a fish appetizer (at one gavros -- fresh anchovies) and other vegetarian dishes at a reasonable price.
They also have a computer in the lobby that guests could use.

There is a lot more frequent ferry boat service to Aegina town (across the island -- about a half hour by taxi or bus) but there is service about twice a day directly to the pier in Agia Maria, just down the hill from Hotel Rachel (about the equivalent of a block in the city -- perhaps 150 or 200 meters). Get the name of the company -- I think Alexandros as I found that information hard to obtain at Pireas port.

We found our stay very pleasant and relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We have just returned from a week at this hotel. Initially I was a bit disappointed with the room but that is because I had unrealistic expectations, this is not a five star but to be honest I have stayed in 4 stars that are not as nice as this hotel. The room was a bit on the small side but the huge balcony more than made up for this (you don't go to this island to stay in your room). You have a fridge, with glasses in the freezer compartment (nice touch), you have a tv with english channels if you did feel the need to watch tv. More important was the relaxed atmosphere which is sorely missing from most hotels. Maria and John are great people and defintely deserve all the praise they get on this site. Maria's shops are great and I got a few nice bits with an even nicer discount (her mums shop round the corner is very good too). The hotel is very clean which is one of the most important things, it's no good having flash decor when the standard of hygiene leaves a lot to be desired. We had a very good time here and would defininately recommend this hotel to others and would book again if staying on the Island.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2009

I went to Aegina for a romantic getaway to propose to my girlfriend. I had no plans as I did not know what to expect but it was a Greek Island, how could you go wrong .right? But without the help of the hotel staff going out of their way to accomodate, it would have gone wrong. Aegina is great because it is so close to Athens, what the point of flying ALL the way to Greece just to sit in a boat for another six hours just to go to an island. Aigia Marina is the best place on Aegina and Hotel Rachel is the best hotel in Aigia Marina so the decision was easy. The hotel is simple, cozy, and the best part is it is the BEST value for your money, you will get an authentic feel for Island living. We had a tv, frig, AC, and a nice balcony with a WONDERFUL view! Hotel Rachel is close to EVERYTHING! The beach is behind you, the shopping is in front of you, and all the cafes and restaurants are right next to you. No matter how great your hotel room is, PLEASE don't spend your time locked up in there, Aigia Marina has so much to offer! I only went to my room to sleep and shower, everyday, all day I was out and about. Hotel Rachel has a great breakfast and the perfect cafe to hang out in at any time during the rest of the day. Also, if you ever forget anything, their store has everything you need from sunscreen and shorts to souveniers and chair and umbrella rentals cheaper than anyone else on the beach. They arranged to drive me to ancient ruins, St Nektarios Monestary, and suggested GREAT night life hot spots. They know everyone and everything on the Island. Their kindness and hospitality was better then any hotel I've stayed at in the US. You don't go to a Greek Island to be treated as a business executive but rather a member of the family and that is exactly what Hotel Rachel does. I would definitely stay there again and have already planned on it. Special thanks to Maria and Gianni for making my stay so memorable and special.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple