All reviews las chimeneas sole the main house made us feel perfect hosts home from home feel welcome sierra nevada alpujarras mountains memorable holiday off the beaten track his wife wonderful week paella friendly place story teller second to none
Reviewed 9 October 2018

My wife and I were looking for something a bit different and off-the-beaten track for this year's holiday and in Casa Rural Las Chimeneas we found exactly what we were looking for - and much more besides. The location is spectacular, set amidst the Alpujarras mountains at an altitude twice the height of Snowdon! The area is rich with an abundance of grapes, figs, pomegranates, walnuts, mulberries and much more growing wildly just waiting to be picked. There is also a fresh water spring just next to the Casa providing the purest mountain spring water which is ideal for filling the water bottle before a walk, or just generally to keep hydrated. There are some fantastic walks directly from the front door of the Casa and meandering from one peaceful village to the next through the wonderful countryside is delightful.
David, Emma and their team are the most welcoming hosts you could meet. Their knowledge of the walks and the area is second-to-none and they really do take genuine pride in making you feel at home. They also provide a social programme of activities that help all the guests come together. The food is amazing too, prepared by local chefs in a rustic and charming setting - the paella cookery demonstration was particularly memorable and attended by all the guests - who then had the task of eating the paella for dinner! We would like to thank Emma & David for giving us the opportunity of enjoying such a spectacular part of the world in the most welcoming, friendly and hospitable of accommodation! We don't often return to a place twice as there is a big world out there to be explored, but on this occasion, we will seriously think about a return to Casa Rural Las Chimeneas! John & Sarah

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Pentland1
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I was so impressed by the food at Las Chimineas that I bought the cookbook so I could try to recreate the dishes at home. The hosts were so welcoming and made us feel very much at home. I will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

A wonderful week with excellent hosts. David & Emma and all the staff made us feel so at home. The food is delicious and I came away inspired to try more vegetarian cooking at home.
The rooms were very comfortable with fabulous views. Andrew & Alastair were very convivial hosts in the evenings.

The yoga with Carrie was exceptional. I’ve never had such a wonderful yoga teacher and I came away inspired, stronger, fitter and definitely more flexible. I achieved more than I ever thought possible.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

From the moment we got off the plane and were picked up by David until we were returned to the airport a week later our visit was perfect. David is a natural raconteur and has an encyclopedic knowledge of the the history of the Alpujarra region, its geography, geology and politics which made for an entertaining and interesting start to our holiday.

The hotel is everything that the other reviewers have said and the pictures do not lie. The food was wonderful, the staff attentive and friendly and as an added bonus all the people who were staying during our week were also lovely.

The region is unspoilt and on there are so many walks each of which has its own character so you will not be bored and the air is so pure that you will definitely feel reinvigorated by the end of your stay.

Congratulations to everyone at Las Chimeneas you made our stay very special.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 16 April 2018

My wife and I just returned from 8 nights with David and Emma at Las Chimeneas, and we can't say enough good things about our stay. The walking is terrific...from Alpujarran village to village, through olive and almond groves, with views of snow-capped mountains in the far distance. There are walks suitable for everyone - from leisurely strolls around the finca to more rigorous all-day affairs. The evening meals, which offer a choice of several starters, mains, and desserts - made use of locally-sourced ingredients, and reflected the traditional cooking of the region including recipes that draw upon the area's Moorish past. Both the kitchen staff and front of house folks made us feel welcome and couldn't have been more efficient, friendly, and capable. Sole, Conchi, Allistair, and Andrew...thank you!!

What made this holiday special, though, were our interactions with owners David and Emma. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome, they answer questions that they must have answered a thousand times before as if you were the first person with the question, they share their knowledge and love of the area and the local people generously, and they are just great folks to know. We will return!

Date of stay: April 2018