“This hotel is not for the british people”

Eftalia Aqua Resort
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Turkler
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“This hotel is not for the british people”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

long coach transfer from airport rooms were no good as they tried to put my teenage son in a travel cot for babies said they could not do anything till the morning. next morning they gave us new rooms with the right beds in but these were still not made up or cleaned left them to it for a few hours and room done not to a great standard but useable but contents of fridge was empty told the rep every time as staff say they don't speak English so wont help out of our 14nights their we only got our fridge filled 3 times even though you pay for a daily service I complained to rep who said she would refund that % of our holiday back the next day but next day she said she had to monitor it first so I am tacking it to the head office now I am home. otherwise hotel great pools great evening entertainment crap not in English or even English music. Wi-Fi hopeless don't waste your time trying to connect as soon as you do it will disconnect you. and the guest relations woman is a complete witch such a nasty un friendly thing she was and as for telling us she didn't speak much English I later found out she grew up in Australia and speaks perfect English you have to go through her to book the all a cart meals. best points the pools ,slides, and the island will make a fantastic holiday if you can put up with no fridge no beach towels from them and the rudeness the give to the English people. Ali the door man super fantastic the only nice one we found what a wonderful holiday we would have had if they were all like him.

Room Tip: we had 5013 on level 5 great views to sea and not much noise after 10pm my kids had 5024 and no view...
3 Thank sarah n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good hotel for holiday
food is good and also the room quality is ok but
The rooms are clean but not perfectly clean / just the basic cleaning / - can be better
there are only 3 problem
1. Nobody didnt take care around the pools how the people are going down and this become to some accidents
2. mosquitoes in the room :( alooot during the night
3. wifi very bad / only in the reception and usualy not working /

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kejsyk
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed at the Eftalia Aqua Resort from 17 July - 24 July and it was not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. The 2 hour coach journey from the airport was a nightmare as this was the last stop. The room was ready when we got there and it was absolutely fine, apart from the fridge not having any drinks in it. I asked twice for the fridge to be filled, half the time they had no coke or fanta only beer and I said I have teenagers (boys both 14) and we needed soft drinks or water in the fridge. The fridge isn't stocked up everyday like it is supposed to be. The lady at the Aqua Park bar is a miserable cow and shouldn't be working in this resort. I went up to get a coke and she was sat on a stool and when I walked up to the bar she kicked it away in such an abrupt manner. Frankie & Ali were fantastic. Ali helped the boys with the crap Wifi. The Wifi is crap. The drinks are all watered down even though the Efes was nice :). Me & my partner had a tattoo whilst here so thanks to Hasan Yildiz for a very good tattoo even though it hurt me. The pools are lovely, no poo in them like at the Holiday Village last year. They are quite slippy but can't be helped. The food is OK but not enough choice, always the same things on offer, especially at breakfast. The A La Carte Grill restaurant was good but they really rushed to get everyone through. The entertainment was crap only for the Russians & Germans which is really wrong. Eftalia Island is fab, well worth a visit. I enjoyed this holiday & this resort apart from a few ignorant staff. Lauren Jayne Cooper the rep was fine even though she never saw us off as promised as the coach turned up early, really she should have known this so we never got to say goodbye to her. Wouldn't go here again because of the Russians & Germans. Oh & the ice-cream lady indoors would only give me one ice-cream, but she gave the foreigners in front of me 2 each, nasty, rude lady.

Room Tip: Family rooms are the best as you get 2 separate bedrooms.
3 Thank Twins727
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Bellboy wont leave until he is satisfied with tip (wanted atleast 5 euro for showing us the way to the room)
Elevators are not functioning as expected. Once you are inside you can stop others from entering the elevator by simply pressing the close door button and the elevator will continue to the floor you want without stopping for other people (the guests know about this so they use it). When explained to the staff they were not surprised so they knew about this.
Food is at a low standard and usually processed food. Guests are mostly from Russia, they are both loud and rude. Staff in the resturant is also rude.
Room is great and of high standard
Aqua is excelent

Room Tip: as far away from the entertainment area as possible unless you wont mind the noise
2 Thank Sigurður P
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

PLEASE READ!i have just returned from what can only be described as by far the worst holiday experience of my life.Thank god i only booked a week here with my family consisting of myself my wife,two sons aged 5 and 7.After a 4 and a half hour flight and 2 hour transfer arrived at our hotel( EFTALIA SPLASH)at 1a.m early hours fri morning only to be told they had overbooked so ther was no room available till next day and that they would find us accomadation for the night in ther sister hotel EFTALIA AQUA , as it was late and the family was tired i agreed.Already getting a bad feeling about the management as this was not the hotel we paid for 6 months in advance ....next day having explained that we wanted the hotel we paid for,we was told we could stay in ther (premier hotel ultra all inclusive BLAH BLAH)sister hotel but not the one we paid for as ther was no room .Anyway with great reluctance we agreed because we thought we wer getting a better deal out of it...... HOW WRONG WAS I!!........THER IS NOT ONE GOOD THING TO SAY ABOUT THIS HOTEL!! The food .which is ALL catered for the eastern europeans is the worst hospital food ive ever looked at never mind eaten,the staff are the most arrogant ,rude people i have ever had the misfortune of meeting.The so called management are the same if not worse ,if you have a problem or a complaint they will lie to your face and say that your lying!!!my wife went to one of the poolside snack restaurants and had her food snatched out of her hand by one of the so called chefs who then proceeded to stick his fingers in each slice of her pizzas because he thought she was taking the food outside ,(which she wasnt).When i complained to the hotel manager , she was the most abrupt and rude woman! who then started to accuse us of lying saying the chef said that didnt happen and then she started making crazy accusations that i had been complaining about staff looking at my wife!!!I WAS SERIOUSLY GETTING ANGRY at all this rubbish as i could not believe we was getting treated this way in what was supposed to be a 5STAR HOTEL .I COULD SIT HERE FOR HOURS and write about numerous things that your average british (or anyone with a bit of decency for that matter) person would absolutely cringe about this hotel and the lack of care or service you recieve there!!!This is the only holiday we have ever been on,that after 5 days we couldnt wait to get home!!Our first time in turkey and probably the last one!!IF YOU WANT A NICE RELAXING STRESS FREE ENJOYABLE HOLIDAY ,AVOID EFTALIA AQUA!!!!!HORRIBLE STAFF AND DISCONCERNING MANAGEMENT!!!

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
7 Thank callburnsefc

Travellers are raving about these Turkler hotels

Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has is all- and not in a good way.
The personel is inpolite, untrained for serving human, and are begging for tips.
The food is downright discusting and the surrounding areas are desert slum.
I am never ever Comming near This hotel again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cand555
Selkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just returned from a fab two week holiday. Please don't be discouraged by other bad reviews. We have two children ages 11 and 9, although the entertainment is not really for us Brits, we still found plenty to keep us occupied and entertained. The beach area is fantastic and well worth a visit. Pool area was clean, although a bit slippy at times so would suggest pool shoes for smaller children.

Our rooms were a good size and cleaned daily (we did get some ants which was due to my kids leaving food on the floor in their room, but this was quickly resolved by the staff), mini bar filled daily, clean beach towels everyday. There was also plenty of options for food, my kids are fussy eaters but didn't starve. Was busy at meal times would so would suggest going sooner rather than later as most people I think have the idea it will be quieter later on.

No much else round the hotel but if you want a relaxing holiday would highly recommend.
If you want British Food, British entertainment and just other British Holidaymakers just get a holiday park at home!!

Room Tip: Use the wi fi in the hotel lobby if you need it as it was much quicker.
6 Thank CarolineP0506
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turkler
Alan Xafira Deluxe Resort & Spa
#7 of 63 in Konakli
Eftalia Resort Hotel
Eftalia Resort Hotel
#16 of 63 in Konakli

Been to Eftalia Aqua Resort? Share your experiences!