“A great family resort”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Turkler
Reykjavik, Iceland
“A great family resort”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at Eftalia Aqua from the 6th-13th of august 2014, just came back actualy and I thought it was a great hotel for people with Children. We went in a group of 21 age ranging from 1 years old to 70 years old. The hotel has a great pool area for all age groups,my son couldn't get enough of the swallow baby pool and the 6 water slides he was allowed on and he is only two and a half years old. The beach area is also amazing with all kinds of watery fun for all ages. The food wasn''t good but you could always find something to eat and it is just very convenient for people with many children to have an all inclusive resort, it makes things so much easier. A lot of people are not happy with the staff, but I never had any problem with them. All in all I would go back there to have a family vacation :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank HMS90

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Motherwell
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Just stayed here with husband and 3 children when we arrived we had booked a family room which was not ready got put up in another room and told to go back the next day I went with the rep Laura who was lovely and came with me to sort out room the first room they offered was too small and they said they'd put in another bed but Laura said no we needed a bigger room which we did get which was brilliant two separate rooms with air condition and tv in room cartoon next work for the kids mum bar in room which is topped up daily fanta coke and water and beer ( no bottle opener though) if you tip the made she makes sure you have plenty towels etc ( they do tend to hang about for their tip though) my hubby put out towel at around 7.45 always had a bed you can get towels for the spa and there is a safe in your room which you don't need to pay for either
There are plenty of bars wine in pretty rank and warm but the spirits are ok although ask for a tall glass make the strong main restaurant is very busy had to ques for plates and cutlery and drinks our kids struggled to eat anything bar chips I found food ok a bit repetitive lots if fridges with bottle of water available there is a late breakfast from 10-11 on burger land buffet style then it serves burger with chips salad ther is also an aqua bar which serves lunch again burgers and main restaurant serves lunch pool bar open from 10-5 only one perso. Serving and they have to collect the glasses too slides are open from 10-12 then 2 -5 kids loved them also a kids pool there are 4 hotels in the chain the aqua where we stayed the village the splash and the new one the Marin also the eftalia island which is included to all guests is under the under passage it is lovely some bars adult only chill out bars kids pirate ship plus swimming pool there is also a larger pool and another aqua park there are also some alacarte restaurants which you book the in the hotel foyer you book from 9-11 for the next day she was off on a Sunday we went to the grill for our meal food was limited and staff didn't speak any English at all so our orders got mixed up several time service was slow and we hat to get our own drink food was lovely though you also get ice cream from 11-1700 in the patisserie
There are lots of staff and all seem to be very busy lots if Russian German guests very few English speaking guests found it ok though went to alanya for dinner one night to a place called konak it was fan and they come and collect you we got the bus home which was 20 lira wood recommend it staff and good were fab over all it was a great holiday but disappointed with the selection of food and busy restaurant not exactly relaxing or really enjoyable but here must be thousands of guest !!!!
Also we had a night flight home and were to to enquire about keeping on room reception told me I could keep it on til 4 and it was 5 euro and hour decided to chance my arm and said that would be great but I wouldn't be paying as we didn't get into our to our room until the next day and we would vacate at 5 he smiled and said that wood be fine

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Skipmilo2
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend booked this hotel for my birthday.
At first look it seemed amazing and beautiful. The staff on reception where helpful and all smiles AT FIRST I STRESS.

Once in the room it was large and well decorated. It had a big balcony and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was also big and had everything you need.

The hotel had one very big main pool. And another of adults but every time we when there the other people didn't understand that and there as more babies then adults.

There was a child's play pool and the waterslide pools which were great fun. But not well guarded as someone went down one and nearly drowned from being drunk and stupid.

There are bars indoors and out but everyone was manned by a rude person that didn't know know to smile. The nightclub was empty and to be honest looked cheap and tacky. Watch out tho because the barman tried to spike my partners cocktail.

The beach is by far the most horrid excuse of a beach I have ever seen. It was full of ruddish.

The food was ok but bland and sometimes tastless. The burger bar was nothing like it's name. It was more like a rundown cafe.

The staff were all unhelpful and rude and wanted to help the russian visitors more then the others and I found that odd as the Russians were always rude and loud and didn't know the meaning of the words PLEASE OR THANK YOU.

And to top it all off I had my phone stolen and when I told the reception that I thought the cleaner had it they told me I was wrong until it rang in his pocket. Once given back I saw the same cleaner days later still working there.

And the shop with the sun glasses being sold tried to sell me a faulty pair and when they did last 24 hours I took them back and asked for a replacement pair as I had spent lots of money in there. The man told me I could and that I could have another pair half price. When I asked for the management he told me he couldn't call or contact him. So I went and told reception and they told me they couldn't help me so I went back and told him I was calling the police. In the end I got my new pair.

All in all it looks great but trust me you can get so much better for your money and at a lesser cost to.

Ps the transfer is horrid and the stop is pointless other then the driver has a deal with the shop and it cuts into the long enough journey.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Coopier

Travellers are raving about these Turkler hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

long coach transfer from airport rooms were no good as they tried to put my teenage son in a travel cot for babies said they could not do anything till the morning. next morning they gave us new rooms with the right beds in but these were still not made up or cleaned left them to it for a few hours and room done not to a great standard but useable but contents of fridge was empty told the rep every time as staff say they don't speak English so wont help out of our 14nights their we only got our fridge filled 3 times even though you pay for a daily service I complained to rep who said she would refund that % of our holiday back the next day but next day she said she had to monitor it first so I am tacking it to the head office now I am home. otherwise hotel great pools great evening entertainment crap not in English or even English music. Wi-Fi hopeless don't waste your time trying to connect as soon as you do it will disconnect you. and the guest relations woman is a complete witch such a nasty un friendly thing she was and as for telling us she didn't speak much English I later found out she grew up in Australia and speaks perfect English you have to go through her to book the all a cart meals. best points the pools ,slides, and the island will make a fantastic holiday if you can put up with no fridge no beach towels from them and the rudeness the give to the English people. Ali the door man super fantastic the only nice one we found what a wonderful holiday we would have had if they were all like him.

Room Tip: we had 5013 on level 5 great views to sea and not much noise after 10pm my kids had 5024 and no view...
3 Thank sarah n
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good hotel for holiday
food is good and also the room quality is ok but
The rooms are clean but not perfectly clean / just the basic cleaning / - can be better
there are only 3 problem
1. Nobody didnt take care around the pools how the people are going down and this become to some accidents
2. mosquitoes in the room :( alooot during the night
3. wifi very bad / only in the reception and usualy not working /

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kejsyk
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed at the Eftalia Aqua Resort from 17 July - 24 July and it was not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. The 2 hour coach journey from the airport was a nightmare as this was the last stop. The room was ready when we got there and it was absolutely fine, apart from the fridge not having any drinks in it. I asked twice for the fridge to be filled, half the time they had no coke or fanta only beer and I said I have teenagers (boys both 14) and we needed soft drinks or water in the fridge. The fridge isn't stocked up everyday like it is supposed to be. The lady at the Aqua Park bar is a miserable cow and shouldn't be working in this resort. I went up to get a coke and she was sat on a stool and when I walked up to the bar she kicked it away in such an abrupt manner. Frankie & Ali were fantastic. Ali helped the boys with the crap Wifi. The Wifi is crap. The drinks are all watered down even though the Efes was nice :). Me & my partner had a tattoo whilst here so thanks to Hasan Yildiz for a very good tattoo even though it hurt me. The pools are lovely, no poo in them like at the Holiday Village last year. They are quite slippy but can't be helped. The food is OK but not enough choice, always the same things on offer, especially at breakfast. The A La Carte Grill restaurant was good but they really rushed to get everyone through. The entertainment was crap only for the Russians & Germans which is really wrong. Eftalia Island is fab, well worth a visit. I enjoyed this holiday & this resort apart from a few ignorant staff. Lauren Jayne Cooper the rep was fine even though she never saw us off as promised as the coach turned up early, really she should have known this so we never got to say goodbye to her. Wouldn't go here again because of the Russians & Germans. Oh & the ice-cream lady indoors would only give me one ice-cream, but she gave the foreigners in front of me 2 each, nasty, rude lady.

Room Tip: Family rooms are the best as you get 2 separate bedrooms.
3 Thank Twins727
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Bellboy wont leave until he is satisfied with tip (wanted atleast 5 euro for showing us the way to the room)
Elevators are not functioning as expected. Once you are inside you can stop others from entering the elevator by simply pressing the close door button and the elevator will continue to the floor you want without stopping for other people (the guests know about this so they use it). When explained to the staff they were not surprised so they knew about this.
Food is at a low standard and usually processed food. Guests are mostly from Russia, they are both loud and rude. Staff in the resturant is also rude.
Room is great and of high standard
Aqua is excelent

Room Tip: as far away from the entertainment area as possible unless you wont mind the noise
2 Thank Sigurður P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turkler
Alan Xafira Deluxe Resort & Spa
Eftalia Holiday Village
Eftalia Resort Hotel
Eftalia Resort Hotel
#17 of 64 in Konakli

Been to Eftalia Aqua Resort? Share your experiences!