The room I stayed in was comfortable, the bed was firm but comfortable and the room itself was bright, clean and I was glad to have a walk in shower. The system to get from the bar to my room was a nightmare as it was all done by a keypad at doors and having mobility problems going up and downstairs when the door entry system was so difficult to cope with meant that after my evening meal I stayed in the bedroom which was not terrible as it was comfortable and the TV was OK, as long as the signal remained constant. My problems started with a shower the next morning which took about 10 minutes to warm up. I had a lovely shower and felt enlivened only to be utterly disappointed when I came to use my bath towel ... it had a previous user's stains on it! My disappointment did not stop there as I went down to breakfast which had obviously been set out the night before with cling film over the sugar bowl which meant that when I looked inside the sugar bowl there were two ants entrapped in there running around like they were in a velodrome. Suffice to say I shall not be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stowey Arms is under New Managent. Lunch & Dinner now being served from Tuesday to Sunday. All our meat is supplied locally from " Powderham Butchers" and cooked on site we do not buy in any frozen food so if your in a hurry please bare this in mind. If your tired after dinner and do not wish to drive home you may want to stay overnight? then why not book one of our quality en-suite rooms at a working mans price And when you awake enjoy a cooked breakfast and go home happy and relaxed. Enjoy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Stowey Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stowey Arms Hotel Exminster
- The Stowey Arms Exminster, Devon